Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

20 hours ago, mission27 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/mcdaniels-decided-to-stay-put-with-no-promises-or-commitments-from-patriots/

Not sure if I buy this but, if true, that would be really crazy.

Good for us either way.

Well obviously they can't commit to it in writing. The league is obviously chomping at the big to dock them an entire draft worth of picks.

5 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Colts GM says "The rivalry is back on."

Did they suddenly get a defense and QB?

Brissett isn't bad tbh.  He was a first year starter and got sacked more than anyone else in the league and still managed to throw twice as many TD as INT.  He's also got some value with his legs. 

Even if Luck doesn't come back I think he's got a shot to be a solid starting QB in the league.

13 hours ago, mission27 said:

Brissett isn't bad tbh.  He was a first year starter and got sacked more than anyone else in the league and still managed to throw twice as many TD as INT.  He's also got some value with his legs. 

Even if Luck doesn't come back I think he's got a shot to be a solid starting QB in the league.

Ah good point.  I should have said "did the get an O-line and a defense"  :)

I'm really glad he's staying because of the value he offers as QB coach. He helped to develop Garoppolo from a shotgun-system guy who had "poor footwork" according to some scouting reports to the highest-paid player in NFL history as of now. Hopefully he does the same with a pick from this year (minus the being traded part).

Archived