Journey - Greatest hits

Shinedown - sounds of madness

AC/DC - Back -n- Black

Chris Cornell - look him up

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

Eagles - Hotel California 

Lynyrd Skynyrd - greatest hits album

Adele - You pick

Nirvana (Cobain and I were born on the same day and year!)

America 

Counting Crows

Blues Traveler

Darius Rucker 

Queen

Led Zeppelin 

Pearl Jam

…not a huge fan of Rolling Stones, Who! Loved the Beatles, love Santana’s guitar. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

My favorite voice in rock music. I loved everything he did from his solo stuff to Temple of the Dog to Soundgarden to Audioslave! Gone way too soon.

I'm still somewhat upset that I missed the concert here in KC at Starlight after they reformed Soundgarden, because he was gone about 2 weeks later.  

• Like 1

I'm not going to go through all the Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin albums, there are just too many list, and they are already highly regarded.

A couple of albums that I would actually consider some of the best of all time, that may not be quite as heralded are Machine Head from Deep Purple, and Tapestry from Carole King. From top to bottom those are complete masterpieces. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

somebody dropped you on your head when you were young.

The Beatles and Fleetwood Mac certainly aren't my favorites, but there are lots of songs I do like (a lot of Mac's most popular songs, especially Landslide).  I'm also keenly aware of the Beatles' impact on the music industry and style...but, I can get tired of them.  They have quite a bit of epic songs, but also a far more extensive amount of "not-so-epic" songs...and I mean really bad songs...like they were trying something different, but was absolutely terrible.  

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The Beatles and Fleetwood Mac certainly aren't my favorites, but there are lots of songs I do like (a lot of Mac's most popular songs, especially Landslide).  I'm also keenly aware of the Beatles' impact on the music industry and style...but, I can get tired of them.  They have quite a bit of epic songs, but also a far more extensive amount of "not-so-epic" songs...and I mean really bad songs...like they were trying something different, but was absolutely terrible.  

The Beatles don't have a "really bad" song in their catalog... This is blasphemy!

Perhaps this is the music and history nerd in me, but I really bad songs are songs with poor lyrics, structure, melody, etc. There's some weird-ish stuff on the White Album, but nothing I would consider "really bad". Experimental? definitely. Not for everyone? absolutely. They were masters of their craft, though, and none of the grunge music that you appreciate today is around without them. I don't think every song is a hit song or the greatest thing ever like some Beatlemaniacs do, but it's really hard to call any of their music bad.

I have a few hills that I will die on, and this might be the tallest one 😜

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm not going to go through all the Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin albums, there are just too many list, and they are already highly regarded.

A couple of albums that I would actually consider some of the best of all time, that may not be quite as heralded are Machine Head from Deep Purple, and Tapestry from Carole King. From top to bottom those are complete masterpieces. 

Tapestry is incredible! One of the requirements for a "favorite album of all time" for me is that an album doesn't have a "skip" song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Pretty sure Tapestry is considered a great album by a lot of people.....

I may have to actually give this topic more thought and post some things I like that aren't so well known (or likely not by this demographic).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Pretty sure Tapestry is considered a great album by a lot of people.....

True, it is definitely considered an all-time classic by people that are familiar with music history or that time period, but I would guess the majority of people (especially younger generations) don't know who Carole King is, or only know a song or two. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

True, it is definitely considered an all-time classic by people that are familiar with music history or that time period, but I would guess the majority of people (especially younger generations) don't know who Carole King is, or only know a song or two. 

I was kind of going there with my second thought......