aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

Sorry to hear that.  Our mail carrier just comes later and later, and I find that annoying.  We used to get our mail at about 9 AM...now it doesn't come until at least 5 PM and sometimes not even until 6:00.  

what we call a First World Problem... ¬¬

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what we call a First World Problem... ¬¬

Agree.  In the whole grand scheme of things, it's completely unimportant, but in this world of inconsistency, it's always nice to be able to count on something being consistent.  ;)

Browsing used vehicles at work as my wife and I are expecting our first kid. Guess that means we finally need to get a second vehicle again. We had one when we were married and then got rid of it pretty quickly and have had a vehicle for a few years now.

• Like 1

Thanks for the congrats.

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i remember when you were so nervous to ask her out.

I remember that too, worked out quite well.

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We got a GMC Terrain when our daughter was born. Great size and gets pretty good mileage. 

Nice, I'm looking at mainly wagons or crossovers. Apparently there are decently priced Subarus around right now if you're willing to get a 2000-2003 range, and under 200k for miles.

10 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Thanks for the congrats.

I remember that too, worked out quite well.

Nice, I'm looking at mainly wagons or crossovers. Apparently there are decently priced Subarus around right now if you're willing to get a 2000-2003 range, and under 200k for miles.

Yeah, my wife needed something a little bigger than a true crossover for work, so we looked at Terrains, Journeys, and a RAV4. The Terrain was really nice and the best deal. 

Follow up on the car question, since we have a number of Minnesota people here, anyone have any Twin Cities or St. Cloud used car lots that you've found as solid places to shop for cars? My wife's mother works at a dealership in St. Cloud, so we can get a good deal there on used vehicles, something like cost + $500 I believe. Hopefully they have something that works for us then, but we'll want to look around some.

The Vikings, Jaguars and Dolphins all changed their uniforms in the same season back in 2013.

For this upcoming season 5 years later, both the Jaguars and Dolphins are making changes. Jaguars make a significant change while the Fins just do a small tweak.

Funny how quick things change, huh? 

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Vikings, Jaguars and Dolphins all changed their uniforms in the same season back in 2013.

For this upcoming season 5 years later, both the Jaguars and Dolphins are making changes. Jaguars make a significant change while the Fins just do a small tweak.

Funny how quick things change, huh? 

It isn't a complete coincidence. NFL rules force teams to wait at least five years between uniform changes.

See 2002 Resolution G-3 of NFL Constitution and Bylaws.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I wish the Vikings would make a small tweak and lose the “sail” look on the double digit numbers. It’s the only thing wrong with their current uniforms. 

i like the sail motif on the numbers. in fact, i wish they would use that font ono both the digits, and have always found it odd they use two fonts for the first and second numbers on a double digit jersey.