aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

18 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Well I took advantage. Ever since I stopped  playing ball I wanted to drop “WR” and “19” from my name. Didn’t want to lose the post count though ;)

The same for me...I'm leaning towards doing it, but I'm not pulling the trigger yet.  I definitely wouldn't have ever done it if it caused me to lose my post count.  

Was in San Diego this past week, and my uber driver to the airport, thinking an former Vikings. Name was Michael, but mentioned I was from Minnesota, said that he had lived in Eden Prairie and been in Mankato fro practice Got to be a former Vikings, not sure what else that would be. Was trying to figure out how it might be but couldn't, looked to be in his 40's, maybe early 50's if I had to guess. Tall dude, not that heavy built. 

Iowa defensive lineman Brady Reiff was arrested for public intoxication Saturday and didn't even cause the police officers to do much work in the process.

According to Kat Russell of the Gazette, the football player approached a University of Iowa police car and attempted to get in before asking the officers for a ride home. The police report states that Reiff believed the car was an Uber.

"He thought that was our job," the report stated, referring to giving him a ride home.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2787499-iowa-dt-brady-reiff-arrested-after-mistaking-police-car-for-uber-while-drunk

I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize it but I should move closer to downtown. I work in downtown Minneapolis and have very little desire to change jobs at the moment. Living in an outer ring suburb sucks and when you my commute to work is on most days 1 hour to work(walking out of the door to sitting down at my desk at work) and 1 hour and 10 minutes coming home. It's taken me 3 years to come to the realization that this is awful and how it's negatively impacting other parts of my life. I think complacency with my super cheap rent has held back.

Just slightly intoxicated thoughts, feel free to ignore.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize it but I should move closer to downtown. I work in downtown Minneapolis and have very little desire to change jobs at the moment. Living in an outer ring suburb sucks and when you my commute to work is on most days 1 hour to work(walking out of the door to sitting down at my desk at work) and 1 hour and 10 minutes coming home. It's taken me 3 years to come to the realization that this is awful and how it's negatively impacting other parts of my life. I think complacency with my super cheap rent has held back.

Just slightly intoxicated thoughts, feel free to ignore.

Do it.

59 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

my commute to work is on most days 1 hour to work (walking out of the door to sitting down at my desk at work) and 1 hour and 10 minutes coming home. It's taken me 3 years to come to the realization that this is awful and how it's negatively impacting other parts of my life.

multiply that out over the course of a year...

about 550 hours of commute time. that's 33 weekends of 8 hours each a day.

• Like 1