aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

The police process is going well so far.

I've passed my reading test, physical fitness test and lie detector test. I took a drug test and I'll pass that too.

Up next is the oral board (interview) and fingerprinting. I'm taking it one day at a time but it's an exciting journey. Pass or fail, it feels good knowing I'm working hard on something greater than myself. I'm growing as a man, and I want to continue that growth!

• Like 7

14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

multiply that out over the course of a year...

about 550 hours of commute time. that's 33 weekends of 8 hours each a day.

feels like getting kicked while I'm down but definitely puts it into a better perspective. Definitely need to make a move. 

Recently got back from my yearly trip to MT. Since I don't drive, I rely on public transportation to get me most places. After taking my first few trips out there on train, I decided to try the bus this time. Both are about 1/2 to 1/3rd the price it would be to fly out, but they also both take a full (LONG!) day. Reevaluating if I want to do it again next year, or if I want to fly out instead.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:44 AM, SteelKing728 said:

The police process is going well so far.

I've passed my reading test, physical fitness test and lie detector test. I took a drug test and I'll pass that too.

Up next is the oral board (interview) and fingerprinting. I'm taking it one day at a time but it's an exciting journey. Pass or fail, it feels good knowing I'm working hard on something greater than myself. I'm growing as a man, and I want to continue that growth!

Good for YOU!!!!

On 8/3/2018 at 8:05 PM, skywindO2 said:

I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize it but I should move closer to downtown. I work in downtown Minneapolis and have very little desire to change jobs at the moment. Living in an outer ring suburb sucks and when you my commute to work is on most days 1 hour to work(walking out of the door to sitting down at my desk at work) and 1 hour and 10 minutes coming home. It's taken me 3 years to come to the realization that this is awful and how it's negatively impacting other parts of my life. I think complacency with my super cheap rent has held back.

Just slightly intoxicated thoughts, feel free to ignore.

Just an hour?  When I lived out in Seattle, most days it was an 1 1/2 hrs to work, 2 hours home.  And if the river flooded?  3 hours to work.  :D

Now, here in a KC suburb?  10-15 minutes both ways.  Fabulous.  

Edited by swede700

On 8/3/2018 at 8:05 PM, skywindO2 said:

I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize it but I should move closer to downtown. I work in downtown Minneapolis and have very little desire to change jobs at the moment. Living in an outer ring suburb sucks and when you my commute to work is on most days 1 hour to work(walking out of the door to sitting down at my desk at work) and 1 hour and 10 minutes coming home. It's taken me 3 years to come to the realization that this is awful and how it's negatively impacting other parts of my life. I think complacency with my super cheap rent has held back.

Just slightly intoxicated thoughts, feel free to ignore.

I bought my place in Robbinsdale back in July 2016. I don't work downtown but Robbinsdale could be a place to look at if you were interested in buying a home among other areas obviously. Otherwise there are plenty of places to rent!

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Just an hour?  When I lived out in Seattle, most days it was an 1 1/2 hrs to work, 2 hours home.  And if the river flooded?  3 hours to work.  :D

Now, here in a KC suburb?  10-15 minutes both ways.  Fabulous.  

I've heard Seattle traffic is brutal.

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

It was horrible...and that was 15 years ago.  I can only imagine what it's like now.  

Everyone should experience traffic in the Washington DC region.  NO...not really...I wouldn't want that for any of you...you're my friends!!!!