aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

are you serious or sarcastic here?

i think it's all in how the ethnicity of the mascot is portrayed, that makes it a problem or not. for example, is the Indian portrayed as proud, or as basically a grinning pickaninny?

100% sarcastic. I am sorry it wasn't clear. I should have said something even more ridiculous to help make it clear that is wasn't serious.

Edited by Cearbhall

On 2/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, vike daddy said:

why did i move to California.....

first of all i did not move to southern California, which is a cultural entity on its own. i moved to a small city in northern California (it's Aaron Rodgers' home town, and guess what his high school team name was... the VIKINGS!) and as soon as you get outside city limits it all turns to grasslands and nut orchards. keep going south and it all turns to farms of every damn vegetable you guys buy in your grocery stores. so that's one reason right there - really good and healthy and fresh food here. which continues my chances to out live all you pups!

then there's the climate... "winter" here, if you want to call it that, is soooo damn odd. but enjoyable! because the leaves fall off the trees (lots of oaks!) and the prevailing color to the hills is brown and the sun still goes down at 5, but it's in the 60's during the day! so yeah, after living every damn winter of my life in the midwest or Rocky Mountain west with blizzards and winds and snow falls and snow shovels and frozen pipes and dead batteries and gloves and hats, i iz done with that. and i don't miss it one bit.

then there's the opportunity here... lots of business concerns that weren't present in Montana... lots of employers... lots of clients... hear about the Paradise CA fire? that town is 15 miles from my front door, and i was working in it the day before the fire hit. now there are about 15,000 homes needing to be built and that's my background.

but the real reason, boys...? it's all about love. found me the best vike mommy a guy could want. smart and talented and fun and sexy, and she thinks i'm a pretty decent guy myself.  we're buying and selling real estate together, traveling, and having the time of our lives!

so never give up on making your life better. never fear change, instead embrace it and the vitality it brings with it. never count yourself out of the game.

And here we thought it started from a lightning strike or something like that...   :D

18 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It just goes goes to show that player safety isn’t really about the players, it’s about the money being spent on said players. 

It's always been about the money...plus, they don't want to lose Tom Brady again for a whole season.  I saw the hit on Twitter.  That's the type of football play I remember seeing a lot as a kid. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, The Gnat said:

Anyone have a cordless electric snowblower that they like?

I want to get the RYOBI 20" 40v, but currently that's sold out. I mainly want that one because then I want to get one of the mowers as well.

I have a corded one that works for what I need. I had no idea they make cordless versions... I feel like they would either be too weak or not last very long. 

I used a cordless mower for a few years, and it worked alright, but it was always 50/50 if I could finish my yard before the battery died.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I have a corded one that works for what I need. I had no idea they make cordless versions... I feel like they would either be too weak or not last very long. 

I used a cordless mower for a few years, and it worked alright, but it was always 50/50 if I could finish my yard before the battery died.

Yeah, from what I've seen the cordless mowers now last about 45-60 minutes, so that would be good. The issue is with corded, that I'd have to run the cord from inside since we got no external outlet. I think if I can get 30 minutes from it for snowblowing that will easily take care of the areas that I want to blow.

Not what you're looking for (I live in the KC area, so unless we have another winter like this one, I don't really need a snow-blower), I absolutely love my EGO battery-powered lawn mower.  It's the best purchase I've ever made.  It's fantastic.  I can generally mow my entire lawn on one charge, but even if not, it only takes about 20 minutes to charge back up, so I can go edge while it's charging.  If their snow blower is as good as the mower is, I'd probably buy that one.  :D