aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Not a fan of action shows per se. Low-key comedy is more my style: The Red Green Show, MTV's Daria, Mystery Science Theater 3000. High-key comedy was The Simpsons, who owned my household in the 90s when they were actually relevant and funny and well written.

As a kid, there was no show I liked better than Garfield and Friends. Way better than the comic strip with great voice talent.

As far as what's on these days, Gravity Falls is the only recent show I even care about (unless you count football).

Edited by y*so*blu

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Not a fan of action shows per se. Low-key comedy is more my style: The Red Green Show, MTV's Daria, Mystery Science Theater 3000. High-key comedy was The Simpsons, who owned my household in the 90s when they were actually relevant and funny and well written.

As a kid, there was no show I liked better than Garfield and Friends. Way better than the comic strip with great voice talent.

As far as what's on these days, Gravity Falls is the only recent show I even care about (unless you count football).

What have you fixed with duct tape?

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

What have you fixed with duct tape?

Only a few things here and there. I'm not nearly as skilled a handyman as Red is. ^_^

After years of enjoying his show, I finally met him this year after his last stand-up show in Saint Paul. Great guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Only a few things here and there. I'm not nearly as skilled a handyman as Red is. ^_^

After years of enjoying his show, I finally met him this year after his last stand-up show in Saint Paul. Great guy.

I contend that there is very little repair work that is beyond the use of either Duct Tape or WD-40.  If it's too tight and needs loosening...WD-40.  If it's so loose that it's about to fall apart...Duct Tape!  Now, you got room in your tool box for those snacks that you told your wife that you no longer eat!!!  :D

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So, I didn't pass one of my qualifications in the police academy, so they couldn't let me keep on going on.

So back to security I go. *shrugs* 😑

That sucks to hear. Is it something you can try again?

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So, I didn't pass one of my qualifications in the police academy, so they couldn't let me keep on going on.

darn it! can you try again at another time, even if it means starting at the beginning?

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry to hear it; I know that you put a lot of work into the police academy. That result stinks for you. 

Remember that setbacks are only challenges in disguise. Look at them as lessons don't waste time beating yourself up. Just get back on track and focus on what you want. It's up to you, and you will do it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry to hear it; I know that you put a lot of work into the police academy. That result stinks for you. 

Remember that setbacks are only challenges in disguise. Look at them as lessons don't waste time beating yourself up. Just get back on track and focus on what you want. It's up to you, and you will do it!

Thanks man. It certainly taught me a lot, so I don't regret it or have anything against them. It was a wonderful opportunity that I wasn't going to pass up.

I appreciate it. I like to think that adversity is what builds a man, so this is a lesson to grow from and I'll do better with the next job!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

darn it! can you try again at another time, even if it means starting at the beginning?

I could but I rather just go back to security. I'm interviewing with my old job's boss on  Monday.

I can then get my act 235 and pick up any details they have that require armed security until I find a full time 235 gig.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:33 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I am really sorry to hear this Steve.  I am sure that you are disappointed and discouraged. 

11 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I am really sorry to hear this Steve.  I am sure that you are disappointed and discouraged. 

I was for a bit but I try to not let it bother me. Its a job and what happened to me isn't going to impact me being hired anywhere else too much. I'll be alright haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So with the greatest State Fair in the country coming up soon, I checked out the new foods on deck and I think it's the best lineup they've had in years. Blueberry key lime pie, deep fried tacos on a stick, mini donut lattes, brisket grilled cheese sandwich,  a new hot dog at Mancini's, build your own burgers, you name it.

https://www.mnstatefair.org/new-this-year/food/

Plus I have to fit in my staples: poutine from Duke's, a Minnepumpkin pie, cheese curds, and some Schell's Oktoberfest. It'd be a shame to watch the preseason on an empty stomach, and I sure won't have that problem this year.

bbkeylimepie.png

Thoughts? :P