aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

11 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Holy crap....when did Seattle get an NHL team?

I don't know when it was official, but it was after Vegas was awarded an expansion team.  I was hoping maybe they'd consider here in KC, but we're far more likely to get a NBA team than a NHL team, since it's almost Dallas-like here in a lack of knowledge of the sport.    

Edited by swede700

so i've been going to Aaron Rodgers' dad for his chiropractic service for a few weeks now...

pretty interesting guy... was an offensive lineman at a small college... played semi pro ball for two years... never made it in to the NFL... tried to be a strength and conditioning coach though...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so i've been going to Aaron Rodgers' dad for his chiropractic service for a few weeks now...

pretty interesting guy... was an offensive lineman at a small college... played semi pro ball for two years... never made it in to the NFL... tried to be a strength and conditioning coach though...

Did you let him know that you were a Vikings fan?  Or were you not willing to risk it, considering he might crack something that didn't need to be cracked?  :D

Mr Rodgers said he wasn't a real physically imposing offensive lineman so he had to make up for it with his smarts and moves.

he told me a story how his outlook really changed when he joined some team that had a former NFL player and coach as its o-line coach. the coach taught him some moves and head games to really get under the skin of his defensive opponents. he was taught at the very first play of the game to take both fists clenched side by side and pop the guy hard up under his chin. definitely illegal but hard for the refs to see in that tight of a space. on the next play, as the defensive player was waiting for a similar move, he was taught to push him to the side instead, no hands to the face, only body. 

different types of moves and intents like this, back and forth, over and over, would both confuse and irritate the defensive lineman so much that he would start keying in on Rodgers himself as his opponent and stop playing the defensive game scheme. at that point, Rodgers knew he had him and they would start running plays right next and past him.

head games.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Went to Jared Allen's website to buy some Viking inspired shirts and there is nothing available. Did the NFL tell him to stop? There were no other teams either.

Don’t believe that site has been active for a while. Looks like he’s focused on his Homes For Wounded Warriors charity.