aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

24 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Bob Yates, that's going back a few years.  I agree with you on that.  I actually enjoyed the Power Trip when Mike Morris was on it, but since the current hosts have taken over it has taken a drastic nosedive into the dumpster.

I had already moved away when Morris was on there, but did catch the tail-end before he was canned once I was able to find it online.  It's hard to believe it's been that long, but yeah, I used to listen to Yates, PA and Dubay and Chad and Barreiro.  I missed out on all the Chad and Barreiro falling-out, although they were hardly on together anyway.  :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Anybody else in SW MN experience some wild weather last night?

Blaring winds blew through South Dakota during the wee hours of Wednesday morning. In fact a South Dakota Department of Transportation site reported a 115 mile per hour wind gust around 3 a.m. local time!

https://www.weathernationtv.com/news/115-mph-wind-reported-in-south-dakota/

Just now, vike daddy said:

Blaring winds blew through South Dakota during the wee hours of Wednesday morning. In fact a South Dakota Department of Transportation site reported a 115 mile per hour wind gust around 3 a.m. local time!

https://www.weathernationtv.com/news/115-mph-wind-reported-in-south-dakota/

Yep, the nader sirens were going off all night, and the phone alarms were going off to seek shelter 

Here is some of the damage in Sioux Falls, I live just on the Minnesota border 12 miles east. Thank goodness all I lost was about 10-15 trees in my yard

3 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Full PPR, 12 team league

I get: Mahomes and Tyreek Hill

I send: Mixon, Waller, and Goff.

My other runningbacks are Carson and Michel. Backups are Burkhead, Jaylen Samuels, and Miles Sanders. My other TE are Hock and Engram

What do you guys think? I think I take it

Hill is out 4-6 weeks...

Obviously an upgrade at QB but at the expense of a pretty productive PPR RB in Mixon when healthy. 

Who are your other WRs and why on earth do you have 3 TEs to begin with?

57 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Hill is out 4-6 weeks...

Obviously an upgrade at QB but at the expense of a pretty productive PPR RB in Mixon when healthy. 

Who are your other WRs and why on earth do you have 3 TEs to begin with?

I have Hopkins, Diggs, Sterling Shepard, and Cortland Sutton. I picked up the Hock and Waller this week when they balled out.

9 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Full PPR, 12 team league

I get: Mahomes and Tyreek Hill

I send: Mixon, Waller, and Goff.

My other runningbacks are Carson and Michel. Backups are Burkhead, Jaylen Samuels, and Miles Sanders. My other TE are Hock and Engram

What do you guys think? I think I take it

I’d take it. Tyreek isn’t hitting the IR, and various reports have him back in 2-3 weeks, obviously could be 4-6. Mixon is seemingly always injured and the Cincy line isn’t great. Mahomes is more consistent than Goff and has a higher ceiling. 

I’d do the trade and then try to pick up Gio Bernard for spot starts if/when Mixon can’t play. I think Tyreek is a pretty large upgrade from Diggs due to volume. I’d also try to sell Hockenson or Engram for RB depth. No reason to carry both of them. 

• Like 1

Start one of the following:

DJ Moore vs TB

DK Metcalf vs. Pit

Hollywood Brown vs. AZ

Leaning towards Moore, as he is the safe play and had 10 targets last week. Metcalf has a tougher matchup against a team that can control clock.

Hollywood only played 14 snaps, but has been coming back from an injury. He was completely unstoppable when he was in, but it was also against the Dolphins, who may end up being the worst team in history this season. This was also, by far, his QB's best game passing. 

My team is high on potential this year. I've got Moore, Metcalf, Brown, Mayfield and Josh Jacobs on my team. They're steadied by James Conner and Zach Ertz (mind you, this is a 16 team league with 1 keeper). 

I drafted Tyrell Williams and AD late, and those both look like they're going to be steals for me. Christian Kirk was value where I took him, but I think he's going to be a bust. 

Edited by wcblack34

10 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I have Hopkins, Diggs, Sterling Shepard, and Cortland Sutton. I picked up the Hock and Waller this week when they balled out.

Sutton looked good but there's no doubt Hill would solidify your WR corps when when he returns.

5 hours ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Mixon is seemingly always injured and the Cincy line isn’t great. Mahomes is more consistent than Goff and has a higher ceiling. 

I’d do the trade and then try to pick up Gio Bernard for spot starts if/when Mixon can’t play. I think Tyreek is a pretty large upgrade from Diggs due to volume. I’d also try to sell Hockenson or Engram for RB depth. No reason to carry both of them. 

Idk if "seemingly always injured" is the right phrase/term. He's missed 4 games in 2 full seasons. Obviously that could change this week. 

@AP_allday2869 If you're confident in Sony Michel I'd probably do the trade. I'd be patient with Miles Sanders as I think he could come around pretty quickly. Additionally I agree with @HitStickAllDay if you can flip/sell high on Hock or Engram for an RB I'd do it.

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Start one of the following:

DJ Moore vs TB

DK Metcalf vs. Pit

Hollywood Brown vs. AZ

Christian Kirk was value where I took him, but I think he's going to be a bust. 

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Thursday matchups Moore might be the play. Although Stafford and the Lions threw at will on the Cards. Brown might be able to snag one big play (Patrick Peterson is suspended) and I fully expect his snap count to go up, the game got out of hand early against the Dolphins and he wasn't really needed. I'd probably rank them Brown (should see increase in snaps), Moore (Greg Olsen may miss the game tonight), Metcalf (would not play)

I'd hang onto Kirk if you can for a little bit he had 12 targets last week but only caught 4. Was nice to see the Cardinals offense figure it out in the 2nd half.

• Like 1