aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

On 12/9/2019 at 1:52 PM, Heimdallr said:

If you live in EP, you could take the SW Transit bus. I always take them for the state fair and it is great.

https://swtransit.org/home/photoblocks/mnvikings/

That would be a good option.  You won't run into as many knuckleheads on the SW Transit buses as you could on the Metro Transit buses and trains.  If you don't mind the Metro Transit buses, you could park at Southdale and pick up a Route 6 bus that would take you to Hennepin and 5th.  From there you could transfer over to the light rail which would take you a few blocks right to US Bank Stadium.

Edited by Uncle Buck

Anyone here believe a college team could beat a pro team? Nowadays it seems more prominent that fans and "experts" are bound to pick an elite college team over an NFL team.

So, like, Alabama vs Browns; Ohio State vs Miami Dolphins; Clemson vs  Jets; LSU Tigers vs Minnesota Vikings. 

Any of you pick the college teams?

On 12/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, vike daddy said:

welll... the aliens in Childhood's End were totally benevolent in nature. the aliens in V wanted to eat us, basically. 

I read the book.  The author has quite an imagination and his style is easy to read.  I really enjoyed the first few chapters, with characters I could easily relate to, but the middle started to get annoying because the author would introduce characters for a few chapters then drop them.  I completely lost the point of the ending.  It was just too strange.  I even went to Sparknotes and I disagree with their analysis of the book.  Anyway, I don’t want to do spoilers so I’ll leave it at that.

thanks, you got me reading again.  👍

10 hours ago, since72 said:

What a compliment!!!

No one ever said that Moss wasn't smart...his problems mainly had to do with him being lazy at times.  If he hadn't been so lazy and lackadaisical, I believe he would have easily surpassed Rice's records.  Moss was clearly far more physically gifted and talented than Jerry Rice (and maybe any WR in the history of the NFL), but he lacked the heart and drive of Rice. 

It's that failure that keeps me from ever declaring Moss as the greatest WR of all-time.  Until someone else proves to be superior with the heart and drive to match, Jerry Rice is clearly far and away the greatest WR in NFL history.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1