Jump to content
Heimdallr

aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

No one ever said that Moss wasn't smart...his problems mainly had to do with him being lazy at times.  If he hadn't been so lazy and lackadaisical, I believe he would have easily surpassed Rice's records.  Moss was clearly far more physically gifted and talented than Jerry Rice (and maybe any WR in the history of the NFL), but he lacked the heart and drive of Rice. 

It's that failure that keeps me from ever declaring Moss as the greatest WR of all-time.  Until someone else proves to be superior with the heart and drive to match, Jerry Rice is clearly far and away the greatest WR in NFL history.  

Yep. I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Not a chance. 

The worst pro team would annihilate the best college team. 

Do you want to rethink this answer...?

I mean if it’s on Monday night with Cousins at QB...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fire early Friday destroyed the century-old post office in the tiny eastern Montana town of Ismay, which once unofficially changed its name to Joe, Montana as part of a Kansas City radio station’s publicity stunt. That happened when the four-time Super Bowl champion quarterback was traded from the San Francisco 49ers to the Kansas City Chiefs in 1993.

https://apnews.com/3422a6e05419a600099d9829a6515d44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, vike daddy said:

A fire early Friday destroyed the century-old post office in the tiny eastern Montana town of Ismay, which once unofficially changed its name to Joe, Montana as part of a Kansas City radio station’s publicity stunt. That happened when the four-time Super Bowl champion quarterback was traded from the San Francisco 49ers to the Kansas City Chiefs in 1993.

https://apnews.com/3422a6e05419a600099d9829a6515d44

That reminds me of the city of George, Washington and when Topeka here in Kansas changed their name for 1 day to Google (in an ill-fated attempt to be the trial town for Google Fiber).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It bears mentioning that I might be watching the second season of the AAF if not for the Vikings' former "limited partner" Reggie Fowler, who pulled his funding for the minor league in the midst of his money laundering scandal. (This necessitated the sale of the league to Tom Dundon.) Thanks, Reggie.

Regardless, I will be watching football after the Super Bowl thanks to the XFL! They don't have a team for Minnesota (or anywhere in the Midwest except for St. Louis), so I had to pick a favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Batter minimum rule will affect less than people think, because fairly often you're sending in a reliever to get the last out or two of an inning, in those cases, you can still take them out after a single batter because the inning break is there, it's mainly  meant to cut down on the one batter, change pitchers, one batter, change pitcher, inning where it can be three batters only but take 20+ minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

3 Batter minimum rule will affect less than people think, because fairly often you're sending in a reliever to get the last out or two of an inning, in those cases, you can still take them out after a single batter because the inning break is there, it's mainly  meant to cut down on the one batter, change pitchers, one batter, change pitcher, inning where it can be three batters only but take 20+ minutes.

It's awfully weird though, as it takes out the matchup strategy that they often use as an argument.  If they could only just cut down the time it takes them to switch pitchers, that would be a better option.  It's rather unnecessary to have that long-drawn out process of standing at the mound and waiting for a guy to run in, and then tossing the ball how many ever times (despite them just warming up in the pen) and then flinging the ball around the bases.  That kind of nonsense, which may be traditional, is the stuff that needs to just go away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swede700 said:

It's awfully weird though, as it takes out the matchup strategy that they often use as an argument.  If they could only just cut down the time it takes them to switch pitchers, that would be a better option.  It's rather unnecessary to have that long-drawn out process of standing at the mound and waiting for a guy to run in, and then tossing the ball how many ever times (despite them just warming up in the pen) and then flinging the ball around the bases.  That kind of nonsense, which may be traditional, is the stuff that needs to just go away.  

I don't know that there's ton of a way to make that faster, flinging it around the bases, that could be gotten rid of, but that's 20 seconds, for the warming up on the mound, that has nothing to do with getting warmed up, that is them getting the mound set so that then they throw their first pitch at full speed they don't slip and twist an ankle because someone has dug it out differently than they want, so hard to do away with that. I think in terms of ways to speed this up, this is the best option that I can think of. As they've already taken care of some of the visits to the mound and forcing changes that way. I'm not sure how they could penalize managers for walking too slowly, as that's the other thing that could speed things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Astros cheating, would you be more upset if you were an Astros fan? Or a Dodgers fan?

I can’t help but think that I’d feel worse knowing that my team’s only championship was forever tainted by cheating, than feeling cheated out of a championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Regarding the Astros cheating, would you be more upset if you were an Astros fan? Or a Dodgers fan?

I can’t help but think that I’d feel worse knowing that my team’s only championship was forever tainted by cheating, than feeling cheated out of a championship. 

I don't know anything about the Astros cheating. Based on context I presume they did it against the Dodgers. If that is true, I think the Dodgers fans will be more annoyed. None of the Saints fans that I know feel too bad about their 2009 championship*. However, I know many Vikings that will dislike the Saints as long as Sean Payton is still with them -- myself included. I presume there are Colts fans that have a similar disdain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×