aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

13 minutes ago, RpMc said:

About to go on spring break, and then come back April 6th and start pushing out eLearning materials to students; governor's address today has said eLearning will be in place through May 5th.

I would be absolutely shocked if schools return to in-person classes before summer break.

I'd be shocked as well.  The governor said it himself, a full on shelter-in-place order doesn't make a ton of sense unless there's a vaccine on the other end as it wouldn't impact the overall numbers, just delay the spike.  Given that there isn't likely to be a vaccine in place at the end of the May 5th eLearning period, I'd expect it to be extended.

I'll be extolling the joys of teaching online elementary physical education in a COVID-19 world.

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

They've already called it off here in Kansas...no in-person classes until fall.

Same here in VA.  No more in person school until fall.

16 hours ago, swede700 said:

They've already called it off here in Kansas...no in-person classes until fall.

So they are letting us take a for credit option if our midterm graders were a C or better. Since I had all A's I'm basically free rolling. I can continue to take PChem stress free, and attempt to keep my A or just take the credit if this online learning doesn't pan out.

All the universities, or so I've heard, are doing this.

I always felt that I never got as much out of online learning as I did in-person.  It's ok in certain instances, but I was always far less likely to retain any information from the online classes...it's sort of why I'm not a fan of the online K-12 schools.  I understand why they have it, but I'm not sure it's a very good option for actual learning.  But, in this situation, it's better than nothing.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

So they are letting us take a for credit option if our midterm graders were a C or better. Since I had all A's I'm basically free rolling. I can continue to take PChem stress free, and attempt to keep my A or just take the credit if this online learning doesn't pan out.

All the universities, or so I've heard, are doing this.

There is no such thing lol!

25 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

There is no such thing lol!

No but it's the closest I'll ever get.

Except we take the lowest grade on any one thing we do in lab as our grade. Example we only completed 4 labs and started a paper (we were suppose to do 2). Paper is only worth 50 points. The margin of error for the paper, for an A, is 45-50 points. If I got As on my last 2 experiments, and a B on the paper, I get a B for lab.

Between this and the same lecture nonsense, I'm glad I don't have to kill myself for this class anymore.

On 3/25/2020 at 8:28 AM, Virginia Viking said:

I wonder how everybody is doing in the midst of COVID-19?  How have your lives been effected?  What have you been doing with your time with no sports to watch or engage?

Biggest thing being affected in my life right now is that these shutdowns are coming dangerously close to messing up my wedding plans. We're getting married on June 6 in a park that has already cancelled all reservations up through May 15. I'm honestly not freaking out about if we have to deviate from our plans, but I know all of the time, energy and money my fiancee has put into this thing and she would be devastated.

What a way to kick off married life.....

12 hours ago, Klomp said:

Biggest thing being affected in my life right now is that these shutdowns are coming dangerously close to messing up my wedding plans. We're getting married on June 6 in a park that has already cancelled all reservations up through May 15. I'm honestly not freaking out about if we have to deviate from our plans, but I know all of the time, energy and money my fiancee has put into this thing and she would be devastated.

What a way to kick off married life.....

Well, at least it'll be a story you get to tell everyone for the rest of your life.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Apologize if this is out of line but just want to say Tim Walz is handling the current situation so well as governor. Feel really lucky to have him. 

That's good to hear.  I like the governor of our state too (not MN).  God forbid, had the last one still been in place, I'm not sure it would have gone as well. ;)