aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

11 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I don't understand how communities got together and decided I know how we will be heard, I know what will help, Let burn down businesses and in danger a bunch of innocent   people. This will get the law working in our favor! 

Do you understand what it is to fear for your life when you get pulled over for minor traffic violation? Do you understand what it's like to have police called on you because you're using a gym at an office facility you pay rent for or because you asked someone to put a leash on their dog? Do you understand what it's like to have a discussion with your kids to tell them how to interact with police without getting shot, even if you haven't done anything wrong? Do you understand thinking about these things day after day, year after year, decade after decade, promise after promise, incident after incident, and never seeing a change? Do you understand not having adequate political representation because your districts have been gerrymandered to group "certain types" of voters into fewer districts so they win less seats?

Start with that, and maybe you'll start to understand the type of frustration that simmers under the surface long before the explosion. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Do you understand what it is to fear for your life when you get pulled over for minor traffic violation? Do you understand what it's like to have police called on you because you're using a gym at an office facility you pay rent for or because you asked someone to put a leash on their dog? Do you understand what it's like to have a discussion with your kids to tell them how to interact with police without getting shot, even if you haven't done anything wrong? Do you understand thinking about these things day after day, year after year, decade after decade, promise after promise, incident after incident, and never seeing a change? Do you understand not having adequate political representation because your districts have been gerrymandered to group "certain types" of voters into fewer districts so they win less seats?

Start with that, and maybe you'll start to understand the type of frustration that simmers under the surface long before the explosion. 

Doesn't excuse one ounce of their actions. These actions are blown up by the media. Its happens to every group. You just take the bait and eat it like candy. People that look like me have been killed by police too. Look it up but brush it off because there are more of people that look like me so it's ok. Cops aren't perfect. They are bad cops in a every city. These actions will do nothing ensure changes are made. Lives will be destroyed and more people will be killed. The 92 riots didn't change a thing. If they want to make a real change they need to exercise their right to vote. Show up in force and make an example out what happened. Stop relying on corrupt politicians that only care about lining their pockets than making a difference. Most of the protesters/ rioters have probably never seen a voting booth. Get rid of the lifetime politicians. They are paid too much to stand by and see a cop in their city hurt that poor man. I don't think one politician in Minnesota is the least bit worried about what has happened and if they'll have that job next year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Doesn't excuse one ounce of their actions. These actions are blown up by the media. Its happens to every group. You just take the bait and eat it like candy. People that look like me have been killed by police too. Look it up but brush it off because there are more of people that look like me so it's ok. Cops aren't perfect. They are bad cops in a every city. These actions will do nothing ensure changes are made. Lives will be destroyed and more people will be killed. The 92 riots didn't change a thing. If they want to make a real change they need to exercise their right to vote. Show up in force and make an example out what happened. Stop relying on corrupt politicians that only care about lining their pockets than making a difference. Most of the protesters/ rioters have probably never seen a voting booth. Get rid of the lifetime politicians. They are paid too much to stand by and see a cop in their city hurt that poor man. I don't think one politician in Minnesota is the least bit worried about what has happened and if they'll have that job next year. 

See above comment about gerrymandering. Also, pretty good chance I look like you. 

And the 1992 riots brought about huge changes in the LAPD. Most everyone agrees LAPD, while still needing improvement, is leaps and bounds better than they were in 1992. 

I’ll leave it there because we’re going to be violating Webby’s rules shortly, if we aren’t already. Feel free to PM me tho. 

13 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

See above comment about gerrymandering. Also, pretty good chance I look like you. 

And the 1992 riots brought about huge changes in the LAPD. Most everyone agrees LAPD, while still needing improvement, is leaps and bounds better than they were in 1992. 

I’ll leave it there because we’re going to be violating Webby’s rules shortly, if we aren’t already. Feel free to PM me tho. 

Killer Mike Echos my thoughts. I wish Minneapolis had some leaders like him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RpMc said:

^^

all of that

———

aaaaaand the looters and rioters not being from here, apparently. 

This was true at the DAPL protests in North Dakota as well.  The Bismarck Tribune would detail arrests after they occurred, and the majority were from out of state, especially California.  I remember shortly after the state government cleaned up the area (which was in a flood plain) and seeing a lot of brand new camping equipment dumped at the landfill in Bismarck.

Whatever happened to 'Minnesota Nice'?  :(

Protests to raise attention to problems that require change(s) are good.

Property damage to alleviate frustrations which can only lead to transfer of frustration to innocents is ba... not nice.

Please verbalize with vigor, not pillage & vandalize like Viki.... uh, Attilla's Huns.   Help restore Minnesota Nice.

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

Whatever happened to 'Minnesota Nice'?  :(

Protests to raise attention to problems that require change(s) are good.

Property damage to alleviate frustrations which can only lead to transfer of frustration to innocents is ba... not nice.

Please verbalize with vigor, not pillage & vandalize like Viki.... uh, Attilla's Huns.   Help restore Minnesota Nice.

Many of the people causing damage are paid "protestors" being shipped in from out of State.  I just posted the following on Facebook and it sums up my thoughts on the situation:

Several days after the death of George Floyd, we have seen peaceful protests, which turned into looting, which has turned into an attack on our nation's entire infrastructure.

This enemy has an agenda. They tried to advance that agenda by shutting down our economy with COVID-19. It was becoming apparent that plan was falling apart as more and more people were going back to work, so what did they do? They took over what could have been a peaceful protest. This protest had the potential to actually make a difference in our world and they turned it into something ugly as they sent paid agents in to attack our businesses and our infrastructure.

I'm urging all who read this to see the real enemy in our midst. By at least knowing who and what we are up against, we can then figure out how to defeat them once and for all.

God bless America.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Many of the people causing damage are paid "protestors" being shipped in from out of State.  I just posted the following on Facebook and it sums up my thoughts on the situation:

Several days after the death of George Floyd, we have seen peaceful protests, which turned into looting, which has turned into an attack on our nation's entire infrastructure.

This enemy has an agenda. They tried to advance that agenda by shutting down our economy with COVID-19. It was becoming apparent that plan was falling apart as more and more people were going back to work, so what did they do? They took over what could have been a peaceful protest. This protest had the potential to actually make a difference in our world and they turned it into something ugly as they sent paid agents in to attack our businesses and our infrastructure.

I'm urging all who read this to see the real enemy in our midst. By at least knowing who and what we are up against, we can then figure out how to defeat them once and for all.

God bless America.

Get outta here with this bull crap.

• Like 5