aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Good Grief I'm getting old!  I had my second bought of diverticulitis within a year last week.  Landed me in the hospital for three days.  It looks like I've got surgery in my future to remove a part of my diseased colon!

To all you youngsters out there!  Eat your fiber and take care of your colon, or else you turn into a grumpy old man like me!!!

On 11/13/2017 at 5:09 PM, skywindO2 said:

Wrong thread? :P

For reference, if anyone here was interested. The whole thing really changed my perspective on a lot of things. Have a lot more stuff to figure out now.

That's really cool. Traveling is my absolute favorite thing to do. I didn't really start until I was 31, but it's now something I can't see being without. It really does change your perspective and open your mind. Machu Picchu is right at the top of my bucket list, along with Kilimanjaro. I will be leaving for Spain for a little over a week on Friday. I'm so excited. 

The best way to get over that post-vacation depression is to start planning your next one!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

To all you youngsters out there!  Eat your fiber and take care of your colon, or else you turn into a grumpy old man like me!!!

That's what my wife tells me all the time. My mom has it, so I'm going to try to avoid it at all costs.  :D  Take care!

36 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

That was a bad move, but at the very least, he apologized right away and didn't try to deny it, like some.  It's always a better move to just admit it and take the short-term hit.  Just like your parents always tried to tell you.  The punishment is a lot worse when you lie about it.  

I have had, by all accounts, a very weird career path. People who know me from the sports world are surprised to find out that I worked in Hollywood. Long-ago acquaintances from show business are surprised to see me on TV. And very few of them know that my first Hollywood job was working as George Carlin's assistant.

I miss George and think of him often, but probably no more so than when I think of words and context. We are less than a week away from ESPN's trade deadline in standard leagues (Wednesday at noon ET). And while I have given trade advice many times before, as I speak with friends, fantasy players and try my own negotiations in various leagues, I realized it wouldn't hurt to remind folks that, when negotiating words and context matter a great deal.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMRlovehate171116/fantasy-football-picks-sleepers-busts-week-11

I only post this, because when I read the bold, it reminded me of the conversations between Steve and VD.  :D

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Steve went and grew himself up. proud of him, i am.

You were most certainly an integral part of Steve’s interweb forum writing development. SK has grow’d up a lot over the past 10+ years. Who knows, maybe a moderator someday, just likes his VIke Daddy ;)

• Like 1