aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

29 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Is anyone else getting really annoyed with the vignette advertisements on here? I don't mind clicking through them when they work, but having to refresh or back-click to get rid of one sucks.

Are you on mobile?

Even if you can’t see it, if you tap the top right corner of the page, the ad goes away. 

If you’re on your computer, I’d guess if you clicked in the top right corner of the ad, it would do the same. 

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I've got a little crush on this future champion

I saw her run at the Bostton Games back in May...she won effortlessly.  She did the same thing here that she did there.  She was behind and then in the last 1/3 of the race, she blew by everyone.  Imagine how fast she'd run without all that hair. 😅

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I saw her run at the Bostton Games back in May...she won effortlessly.  She did the same thing here that she did there.  She was behind and then in the last 1/3 of the race, she blew by everyone.  Imagine how fast she'd run without all that hair. 😅

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure it slows her down a little. Super excited for the Olymmpics!

• 4 weeks later...

The Wilfs just finalized the purchase of Orlando SC (MLS). They tried really hard (with some downright dirty tactics) to get the rights to the MN MLS team that eventually went to Dr. McGuire and MNUFC, but they finally got their soccer team. 

I hate them on the business/family side, but purely on the sporting side they are great owners, and Orlando is a team that deserves better leadership, so I hope if works out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this, but I know there are several members of our forum that are veterans and I'd like to acknowledge you and say thank you for your service. The sacrifices that you and your family have made are one reason why we have the freedom to post our football takes (both good and bad) on here and I, for one, am forever grateful! I appreciate and respect you for doing what I was too selfish (and chicken) to do. Nothing but love for you guys and gals! Happy Veterans Day!

• Like 6

US curling Olympic trials started today. 

Notable in this forum since the top teams are all from MN (including team Shuster from Duluth that won the Olympic gold 3-4 years ago). Plys and Ruohonen are probably the only two teams that can challenge Shuster, and they are from MN too. 

If anyone has curling questions, I got you.

6 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

US curling Olympic trials started today. 

Notable in this forum since the top teams are all from MN (including team Shuster from Duluth that won the Olympic gold 3-4 years ago). Plys and Ruohonen are probably the only two teams that can challenge Shuster, and they are from MN too. 

If anyone has curling questions, I got you.

How can I watch the trials? Anything streaming on the Internet for free?