aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I've severely restricted my Facebook access. It's close friends and family now so we can share travel and food photos haha. 

I've pretty much quit completely.   All political BS from know nothings.  Only check in when the local brewery has new releases lol.

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't have Facebook, and my Twitter feed is strictly sports reporters, or local breweries. 

I NEVER ever post or read comments on Twitter. I only read my feed for news.

Me too. I gave up on FB many years ago. It’s literally a waste of time. Twitter for news, exclusively.

I typically try not to interact on Twitter too much, but if you follow me, on occasion I will, especially with a certain former Viking.  However, I generally only comment on sports-related items and always follow it for sports news, because there is no better resource for it.  I'm rarely on Facebook, especially probably for the past 7-8 years or so, whenever they changed that feed to be more random, according to my so-called preferences, rather than chronological.  I find Facebook to be unusable and un-consumer friendly.  When the top of my feed is a post from a friend 4 days ago, that's worthless to me.     

• Like 1

I wish I could ditch facebook... I rarely interact there, but need to have a personal account to be able to manage my band's professional account which is also a racket. If you don't pay to promote, you only reach ~8-10% of your followers with a post by design. Even when you pay, you don't even get to your own followers - it goes out to targeted demographics via the algorithm and populations that you define. 

Instagram is definitely my favorite social media platform because I can really tailor my feed to what I want to see.

• Like 1

I try to avoid listening to PA but there was nothing but commercials on while for the short drive I had this morning. Had the displeasure of hearing a Mike Florio interview. God that guy is a jack ***. He so clearly thinks very little of NFL fans, I wanted to reach through my radio and punch him in the face. Just a colossal waste of space. 

27 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I try to avoid listening to PA but there was nothing but commercials on while for the short drive I had this morning. Had the displeasure of hearing a Mike Florio interview. God that guy is a jack ***. He so clearly thinks very little of NFL fans, I wanted to reach through my radio and punch him in the face. Just a colossal waste of space. 

That's why I like listening to him...I haven't heard it yet today, but probably will later.  I love how he gets worked up over certain things.

• 3 weeks later...

RIP Taylor Hawkins. He was a foundational musician for me, and one of my drummer’s greatest influences.

I was only ever able to see them once - in 2005 touring the In Your Honor album with Weezer. It was the first time that I had been blown away by performance AND volume, and it’s one of the reasons that I truly believe most music sounds better as loud as is tolerable, and that I don’t listen to music on headphones for pleasure. Music is a communal experience to be shared between the performer and audience in whatever medium.

I also feel terrible for Dave Grohl. It’s an incredibly rare thing to find a musical soulmate. To find and lose that relationship twice, and prematurely in both instances, is unfathomable to me. 

I just needed to get that off of my chest. 

• Like 1