Heimdallr

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

I’ll give you a top 5 since it changes frequently. In no order:

Wilco - yankee hotel foxtrot

Taylor Swift - Folklore

Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams

The Beatles - Let It Be

Jason Isbell - Southeastern

HM: Nick Drake - Bryter Layter, Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher, The Band - The Band, Fleetwood Mac - Rumors, Sturgill Simpson - Sailors Guide to Earth

so a top 10 list 😂

Love Wilco. Saw Lord Huron live last year (awesome). Respect the Swifties. Will have to check out Nick Drake. Enjoy Sturgill. 

The Beatles and Fleetwood Mac…I know people love them. I absolutely can’t stand them 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Love Wilco. Saw Lord Huron live last year (awesome). Respect the Swifties. Will have to check out Nick Drake. Enjoy Sturgill. 

The Beatles and Fleetwood Mac…I know people love them. I absolutely can’t stand them 😂😂😂

I saw Lord Huron at red rocks this summer for my first Red Rocks experience and it was magical.

Also saw Wilco do YHF at the Chicago theatre start to finish this summer for the 20th anniversary.

I am always floored when I meet people that don’t like the Beatles! It’s such a wild concept to me. 

I’m always on the hunt for new music, I’d be happy to DM when I find stuff that I think is worth a listen 👍

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I saw Lord Huron at red rocks this summer for my first Red Rocks experience and it was magical.

Also saw Wilco do YHF at the Chicago theatre start to finish this summer for the 20th anniversary.

I am always floored when I meet people that don’t like the Beatles! It’s such a wild concept to me. 

I’m always on the hunt for new music, I’d be happy to DM when I find stuff that I think is worth a listen 👍

There are Beatles songs I don’t mind. But on the whole, only the Doors are more overrated, in my book. I respect what the Beatles meant to Rock, but I just don’t like the music. 

Lord Huron was outstanding. I wish I had found out sooner because my seats were kind of obstructed. But they sounded amazing. 

This last year has been the best live music year of my life. Rolling Stones at Sofi in LA, The Killers and Red Hot Chili Peppers in Belgium, Muse and Biffy Clyro in Spain (although Rage Against the Machine had to cancel 😭😭😭). 

I feel the same way about the Stones that @wcblack34feels about the Beatles… world’’s greatest greatest hits band. Agree on The Doors, though. 

This was also my favorite musical/live music year. I saw more live music than ever, including a stretch of 4 shows in 7 days: Lord Huron at RR, then took my son to his first big rock shows back to back (Haim and Phoebe Bridgers), and then Motion City Soundtrack at House of Blues. The MCS show was hysterical - it was all of the same guys that saw them in the same place 15 years ago about 30 lbs heavier and sporting beards.

My band released two singles and we had the privilege of opening for the Heartless Bastards. It was kinda surreal playing a show with musicians that I have been listening to for over a decade, exchanging vinyl after the show and sharing a drink, and then driving home to go back to my IT day job the next morning haha! 

Good conversation starter 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I feel the same way about the Stones that @wcblack34feels about the Beatles… world’’s greatest greatest hits band. Agree on The Doors, though. 

This was also my favorite musical/live music year. I saw more live music than ever, including a stretch of 4 shows in 7 days: Lord Huron at RR, then took my son to his first big rock shows back to back (Haim and Phoebe Bridgers), and then Motion City Soundtrack at House of Blues. The MCS show was hysterical - it was all of the same guys that saw them in the same place 15 years ago about 30 lbs heavier and sporting beards.

My band released two singles and we had the privilege of opening for the Heartless Bastards. It was kinda surreal playing a show with musicians that I have been listening to for over a decade, exchanging vinyl after the show and sharing a drink, and then driving home to go back to my IT day job the next morning haha! 

Good conversation starter 👍

That’s all awesome! I never saw MCS in concert, but was a fan! Thirty pounds ago 😂😂😂

I started singing in cover bands in my mid twenties and did it for nearly 17 years. Stopped for good two summers ago. Some days I miss being on stage. But I also enjoy going to sleep at 10:00 on Saturday 😂

I’d love to hear your band’s singles if you’d like to share. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

a show I saw in the mid 70's in Chicago that @wcblack34 would not have enjoyed was Eric Clapton touring for the first time following his heroin addiction, and the backup band was Santana.

i was in the 12th row center, and i think the tickets cost $8.50....

I would love to see Clapton even now... despite him being a jackwagon.