Jump to content

aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor


Heimdallr

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

Any body get some cool Vikings gear from Santa this year?  I got pajamas (Mrs. Relax thinks I look good in purple and gold) and a new phone  case.

In previous years I got luggage, jerseys, hats, socks, etc...

a vike mommy wanna be one year got me a Vikings sweatshirt.

my present vike mommy wears it regularly. so i guess that ploy didn't work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Anyone here watch or understand cricket? It’s on at the pub I’m at. I have no friggin clue what’s going on. 

Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of eleven players on a field at the centre of which is a 22-yard (20-metre) pitch with a wicket at each end, each comprising two bails balanced on three stumps. The batting side scores runs by striking the ball bowled at one of the wickets with the bat and then running between the wickets, while the bowling and fielding side tries to prevent this (by preventing the ball from leaving the field, and getting the ball to either wicket) and dismiss each batter (so they are "out").

Means of dismissal include being bowled, when the ball hits the stumps and dislodges the bails, and by the fielding side either catching the ball after it is hit by the bat, but before it hits the ground, or hitting a wicket with the ball before a batter can cross the crease in front of the wicket. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

 

that's all i got for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of eleven players on a field at the centre of which is a 22-yard (20-metre) pitch with a wicket at each end, each comprising two bails balanced on three stumps. The batting side scores runs by striking the ball bowled at one of the wickets with the bat and then running between the wickets, while the bowling and fielding side tries to prevent this (by preventing the ball from leaving the field, and getting the ball to either wicket) and dismiss each batter (so they are "out").

Means of dismissal include being bowled, when the ball hits the stumps and dislodges the bails, and by the fielding side either catching the ball after it is hit by the bat, but before it hits the ground, or hitting a wicket with the ball before a batter can cross the crease in front of the wicket. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

 

that's all i got for you.

I once had a very nice Uber driver from Pakistan try to explain it to me on a 30 minute ride. I left more confused than before 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Anyone here watch or understand cricket? It’s on at the pub I’m at. I have no friggin clue what’s going on. 

I used to know how to play, but I forgot years ago. Something like, running back and forth on the tiny base path thing as many times as they can while the ball is in play. Not sure about the rest, but it seems fun to play.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, JDBrocks said:

Our offer was accepted on a new house last night! We close on 3/29. 

Congratulations!

Owning a home is a great thing...even if it has its minuses (we're replacing our gutters today and it's costing a pretty penny).  😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, swede700 said:

Congratulations!

Owning a home is a great thing...even if it has its minuses (we're replacing our gutters today and it's costing a pretty penny).  😉

Thanks! I have two of them now 🥴 I'm waiting for my sister and her boyfriend to get their stuff together because they want to buy my current house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Congratulations!

Owning a home is a great thing...even if it has its minuses (we're replacing our gutters today and it's costing a pretty penny).  😉

I used to hang gutters a long time ago, for $8/hr.  Dare I ask how much you are paying per square foot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Thanks! I have two of them now 🥴 I'm waiting for my sister and her boyfriend to get their stuff together because they want to buy my current house.

Nice...my wife's family has a history of doing that with some houses that they've had...my in-laws live in the house his parents had but had a house previously that they sold to my mother-in-laws sister and her family.   

We're working on paying down our debt (although we certainly just added to it...LOL!), in hopes that we can buy another piece of property, preferably up in MN off or near Superior, to spend some time in every year.  I've never cared for Kansas, so I'd like to get away.  🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

I used to hang gutters a long time ago, for $8/hr.  Dare I ask how much you are paying per square foot?

We did a full tear off and replacement and added gutter guards on a single gable chicago bungalow for ~6K. I'm not sure what the full gutter replacement would have been, but we also have french drains so it probably would have been a little more costly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...