aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Those of you still in your thirties that are feeling "tired"... first I submit to you, you do not yet know what feeling tired really is. Second, I suggest to you that if you are already starting to feel that tired you better start planning your coming midlife crises. The unplanned midlife crises can crush you for years to come afterwards and make your 30s lethargy look like a real joke.

Also, start swimming because without some pattern of moderate exertion your lethargy will be even worse but by the time you get very far into your 40s the stress on your body of other activities will make it increasingly hard to continue them regularly. Also, endeavor to not get as fat as I did. When I went over 200 lbs I was considerably limited by constant sore feet and knees.

Now I am training for a month long Appalachian Trail hike in two years. Yes, when you get older you have to train for things like this. I won't be able to walk 10-15 miles multiple days in a row carrying 25lbs of gear without my feet being a real problem without serious preparation. In your thirties you can still just grab a pack on a whim and hit the trail with your worries being how to get away from your responsibilities rather than your worries being how you will possibly complete the task without causing physical problems. 

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m 31, with a 2.5 year old. Yes. I’m tired.

It passes.  It's only physical tiredness now, then it becomes mental tiredness when they're teenagers, but once they're adults, then it just seems like all that energy comes flooding back.  xD

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Trying out working from home today because of the snow. I miss my two monitors already.

I'm doing so today as well...but I have worked from home several times...I miss my two monitors too. I'm not a huge fan of working at home for that reason. I mean it's nice that I don't have dress up in my business casual clothes, but I don't have 2 monitors and I have to use up my own coffee instead of getting the free coffee at work.  First world problems.  :D

• Like 2

It's currently 48 degrees where I live and I see people outside wearing shorts.  It'll be in the 50's tomorrow.  Very welcome from the single digit temperatures of a week ago!  We are expecting more seasonable weather starting this weekend...highs in the 30's and lows in the teens.  I'm just hoping we avoid the really big snow storms this year.  We've had a few inches on the ground several times this year...but, a few years ago we had a storm dump 38 inches on us in late February.  Virginia is just not made for snowfall like that!!!  The older I get the less I like the snow and cold of winter and the heat of summer.  Give me Spring and Fall!