aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

53 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i moved to Californie, dood....

It was my attempt at subtle humor...

Many of us are ecstatic when the temps in ND crawl above zero these days!  Bismarck schools will start 2 hours late due to the extreme cold tomorrow.  And to think I moved from Oklahoma for this!!!

why did i move to California.....

first of all i did not move to southern California, which is a cultural entity on its own. i moved to a small city in northern California (it's Aaron Rodgers' home town, and guess what his high school team name was... the VIKINGS!) and as soon as you get outside city limits it all turns to grasslands and nut orchards. keep going south and it all turns to farms of every damn vegetable you guys buy in your grocery stores. so that's one reason right there - really good and healthy and fresh food here. which continues my chances to out live all you pups!

then there's the climate... "winter" here, if you want to call it that, is soooo damn odd. but enjoyable! because the leaves fall off the trees (lots of oaks!) and the prevailing color to the hills is brown and the sun still goes down at 5, but it's in the 60's during the day! so yeah, after living every damn winter of my life in the midwest or Rocky Mountain west with blizzards and winds and snow falls and snow shovels and frozen pipes and dead batteries and gloves and hats, i iz done with that. and i don't miss it one bit.

then there's the opportunity here... lots of business concerns that weren't present in Montana... lots of employers... lots of clients... hear about the Paradise CA fire? that town is 15 miles from my front door, and i was working in it the day before the fire hit. now there are about 15,000 homes needing to be built and that's my background.

but the real reason, boys...? it's all about love. found me the best vike mommy a guy could want. smart and talented and fun and sexy, and she thinks i'm a pretty decent guy myself.  we're buying and selling real estate together, traveling, and having the time of our lives!

so never give up on making your life better. never fear change, instead embrace it and the vitality it brings with it. never count yourself out of the game.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

why did i move to California.....

first of all i did not move to southern California, which is a cultural entity on its own. i moved to a small city in northern California (it's Aaron Rodgers' home town, and guess what his high school team name was... the VIKINGS!) and as soon as you get outside city limits it all turns to grasslands and nut orchards. keep going south and it all turns to farms of every damn vegetable you guys buy in your grocery stores. so that's one reason right there - really good and healthy and fresh food here. which continues my chances to out live all you pups!

then there's the climate... "winter" here, if you want to call it that, is soooo damn odd. but enjoyable! because the leaves fall off the trees (lots of oaks!) and the prevailing color to the hills is brown and the sun still goes down at 5, but it's in the 60's during the day! so yeah, after living every damn winter of my life in the midwest or Rocky Mountain west with blizzards and winds and snow falls and snow shovels and frozen pipes and dead batteries and gloves and hats, i iz done with that. and i don't miss it one bit.

then there's the opportunity here... lots of business concerns that weren't present in Montana... lots of employers... lots of clients... hear about the Paradise CA fire? that town is 15 miles from my front door, and i was working in it the day before the fire hit. now there are about 15,000 homes needing to be built and that's my background.

but the real reason, boys...? it's all about love. found me the best vike mommy a guy could want. smart and talented and fun and sexy, and she thinks i'm a pretty decent guy myself.  we're buying and selling real estate together, traveling, and having the time of our lives!

so never give up on making your life better. never fear change, instead embrace it and the vitality it brings with it. never count yourself out of the game.

Good for you sir!!  Good for making a change for healthier environment for you.  Good for taking a chance at something new and challenging.  Good for you in strengthening your significant relationship with your Vike Mommy! 

See guys...you work hard your whole life...you sacrifice a little immediate gratification to take the longer view...and you get some pretty nice rewards!  Of course getting older also means that your body falls a part, your mind slips, and you die...other than that, it's great!!  (Says the guy whose going to retire in 12 more years when he turns 70!)

13 hours ago, TENINCH said:

DISGUSTING!!

Figures that he'd end up with the Packers, considering his high school Vikings team had baby blue as the color.

The closest high school I live by is also the Vikings.  :D  They currently have a longboat as their logo with a V through it, but they've been known to use the Vikings Norseman as well, just with black and gold instead of purple & gold.  

13 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Can't believe there are still schools out there with Vikings as the mascot. Very offensive to the many descendants of the Vikings!

I am probably a descendant (considering I'm 54% Swedish and Norwegian, but ironically, a lot is Central Norwegian)...I'm only offended when they use a crappy logo, like a high school I used to live by:

seaman-210x134.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Can't believe there are still schools out there with Vikings as the mascot. Very offensive to the many descendants of the Vikings!

are you serious or sarcastic here?

i think it's all in how the ethnicity of the mascot is portrayed, that makes it a problem or not. for example, is the Indian portrayed as proud, or as basically a grinning pickaninny?