aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how common Speedway Gas stations are but I bought a car wash a month ago and it was closed. It was closed again today too when I tried to use it.

If anyone wants, the code is 12397. It expires today or tomorrow, if it's not already expired. 

11 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't know how common Speedway Gas stations are but I bought a car wash a month ago and it was closed. It was closed again today too when I tried to use it.

If anyone wants, the code is 12397. It expires today or tomorrow, if it's not already expired. 

Super America is now Speedway, so they're pretty common.

Recently my wife and I had our DNA analyzed at a company that looks at folks "ancestry"...(really not looking to name the company, but do you get the hint??)  I think I have found an answer to my passion for the Vikings!  People have often asked why someone growing up in Virginia, with an "ancestry" that has been in this state for over 200 years, surrounded by some of the most strident fans of a certain team that plays near the nations capital, turned out to be a fan of the Minnesota Vikings?  I used to answer this with "I just loved the way Joe Kapp and Alan Page played the game."  Yet now...I have been given some brand new "ancestry" insight through the analysis of my DNA.  As it turns out...surprising the heck out of me...I am 4% NORWEGIAN!! 

As my own family research has discovered, my lineage is primarily British.  I suspect that the Norwegian line comes from when Vikings used to regularly pillage British coastal communities in the early Middle Ages...often called the Dark Ages!  Well, there are very few things that a Viking can do in the dark, far, far from home!  One of those things, evidently, was to contribute to my DNA!  I am genetically predisposed to be a fan of the Vikings!!!  Pretty cool, huh??  Now, someone please pass the lutefisk!  :D

Edited by Guest

You feel the same way about being Norwegian as I found out in being 2% Irish.  I can now celebrate St. Paddy's Day without feeling bad about it.  :D

(For the record, I'm over 50% Scandinavian, so being a Vikings fan is appropriate in my case)

Edited by swede700

Cronin, Krammer, and Goesseling are great. Coller puts out good work, sometimes, but I wouldn’t call a lot of his work very objectionable. 

Tomasson is the poster child of why people dislike the Minneapolis/Minnesota sports media. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Cronin, Krammer, and Goesseling are great. Coller puts out good work, sometimes, but I wouldn’t call a lot of his work very objectionable. 

Tomasson is the poster child of why people dislike the Minneapolis/Minnesota sports media. 

Tommasson looks like a homeless guy harassing Minnesota players

• Like 2