Jump to content

aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Orange Snow 

The orange tinge to the snow is pretty incredible. Also, having another snow day (my 9th this year) attached to my vacation to Tampa (our flight barely beat the snow yesterday) is incredible. I can handle running the snowblower one more time for this.

I did notice this, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

My upstairs neighbor has some issues. She collapsed in the front yard outside of our apartment. There are a ton of spots where dogs and other animals piss and **** there. You supposed to clean it up but you know how apartment places go. Pretty sure she's an alcoholic. After she collapsed and I was about to dial 911 someone ran up to her and she got up. She went upstairs and haven't seen her since. The first night I moved in the cops got called on her. She got in trouble for truancy with her 8 year old son. She has a guy that lives up there with her but he's only there to pay the rent and get lucky as she is somewhat attractive. Supposedly her first boyfriend/husband died by getting sucked out into a riptide and drowning (boy's father). I definitely can't wait to buy a house so I don't have to witness or deal with these people. Her older sister lives down the street but is in jail for failing to appear 3 times in the row. It's a really nice apartment complex too. Half of the apartment's here are vacation rentals. She's going to get kicked out if management witnesses it. I've only lived here 3 weeks and I've witnessed some crazy stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TENINCH said:

My upstairs neighbor has some issues. She collapsed in the front yard outside of our apartment. There are a ton of spots where dogs and other animals piss and **** there. You supposed to clean it up but you know how apartment places go. Pretty sure she's an alcoholic. After she collapsed and I was about to dial 911 someone ran up to her and she got up. She went upstairs and haven't seen her since. The first night I moved in the cops got called on her. She got in trouble for truancy with her 8 year old son. She has a guy that lives up there with her but he's only there to pay the rent and get lucky as she is somewhat attractive. Supposedly her first boyfriend/husband died by getting sucked out into a riptide and drowning (boy's father). I definitely can't wait to buy a house so I don't have to witness or deal with these people. Her older sister lives down the street but is in jail for failing to appear 3 times in the row. It's a really nice apartment complex too. Half of the apartment's here are vacation rentals. She's going to get kicked out if management witnesses it. I've only lived here 3 weeks and I've witnessed some crazy stuff. 

I am aware that some apartment complexes establish conduct clauses in their lease agreements.  When I rented an apartment for my son there was one that said the lease would be declared null and void if Law Enforcement responds to a complaint or concern.  Does your agreement have such a clause?

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
14 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

When I rented an apartment for my son there was one that said the lease would be declared null and void if Law Enforcement responds to a complaint or concern.  Does your agreement have such a clause?

That type of clause shouldn't even be legal...but that's a topic for a different kind of Forum.  :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That type of clause shouldn't even be legal...but that's a topic for a different kind of Forum.  :D

It's legal in Virginia...where landlords have all sorts of rights and protections that are really a hold over from a different era.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

It's legal in Virginia...where landlords have all sorts of rights and protections that are really a hold over from a different era.

The Landlord-Tenant Rights in many states are so skewed towards the Landlord, it ain't funny.  While I certainly understand that there are certain tenants like TI mentions above that need to be dealt with, but such heavy-handedness like automatically terminating a lease because of a simple police call (which could be because the tenant is the one being harassed) goes beyond the pale of "reasonableness".  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

It's legal in Virginia...where landlords have all sorts of rights and protections that are really a hold over from a different era.

not sure we ever should have allowed southern states back in to the Union.... lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 11:32 PM, Klomp said:

Looking back over the past few months and noticing a lot of people going through big life changes. Moving, buying houses, new jobs, etc. Well add me to the list soon, as I'm readying to propose to my girlfriend in the not-so-distant future.

She said yes!

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I proposed I had been dating my wife for 4 years. I told her that I wasn't from Wisconsin and that I would never be as boring as driving through the state of Illinois and my genetics were really good. Then I asked her if she would marry me. She said yes without even thinking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Anyone here live in Hopkins? Have any thoughts about the city? Do you like it? 

I live just south in EP, but I go up to Hopkins all the time. It would be a good place to live. Easy access to 494, 169, 100, 394 and 62. Right on the bike trail to Minneapolis.  "Downtown" Hopkins has a nice small town feel. LTD brewing and Copperwing distillery are both really good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...