aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i really suggest you give Childhood's End a try, @SteelKing728.

I’ve never heard of it.  It looks interesting.  I’m not big on sci-fi but I love a good story of any genre.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I’m picking it up at the library later today.

From the description, it almost seems like it was the inspiration for the “V” miniseries.

Edited by since72

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I just found a real gem on YouTube.  A restored copy of Super Bowl IV.  Pretty nice.  :)

Thanks UB.

Watched a little bit.  A DT covering a receiver?  Our QB was nearly de-KAPP-itated on one play.  Nice cow pasture.  Or was that mud on their unis?  Actually sags in the middle.  QB staring down receivers.  120 seconds on the play clock?  Unless they're running Geico ads between every play...?  Those first down chains.  Oh my, those cheerleaders!  :x  While restoring, can they replace Hank Stram with a less annoying CGI Jar Jar Binks?  At least we aren't pepper sprayed with graphics every 20 seconds.

Not sure I want to watch the whole thing.  B|  I have to go stick sharp sticks under my fingernails.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Any of you that live in MN do you  know of a good place to park at the Vikings games?

No, sorry.  Last time I was at a Vikings game, I just drove around downtown and found a ramp with a place to park.

Depending on where you're coming from, some people park their car at one of the Park and Rides and take the North Star rail.

This might help...

https://www.usbankstadium.com/general-parking-information

Seems you can book a place to park ahead of time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Any of you that live in MN do you  know of a good place to park at the Vikings games?

As I hate driving around downtown, I usually park at one of the park and ride lots and take the light rail in which drops off right at the stadium. Iirc, the fare is somewhere around $5 round trip. The parking is free, but that might depend on where you park. I park in the lot by the Mall of America.  If you are coming from a different direction that might not be as convenient for you.

If you do choose to you the choo choo, you either have to cram like sardines if leaving right after the game or have a plan to do something else after the game for an hour or two.  I typically enjoy a walk towards Target Field around downtown, find a place to eat, and then get on the choo choo at the nearest stop.

That is how I do it if I am driving up to the cities with someone else. If I am going alone, I take a shuttle from my town to the MSP airport for $15 each way and ride the choo choo from there. That is the best way to avoid the hassle of driving and parking.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 5

On 12/6/2019 at 11:02 PM, byuvike88 said:

Thanks guys. That helps a lot. I live in Eden Prairie but I have 2 kids I am going to take so the Uber types aren't as easy. 

If you live in EP, you could take the SW Transit bus. I always take them for the state fair and it is great.

https://swtransit.org/home/photoblocks/mnvikings/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

If you live in EP, you could take the SW Transit bus. I always take them for the state fair and it is great.

https://swtransit.org/home/photoblocks/mnvikings/

When I lived over there I took SW bus to work every day. SW Transit is great. I've never taken them to a Vikings game but did once for a Twins game. I'm sure they're just fine for a Vikings game too. 

• Like 1