aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

On 2/16/2020 at 7:35 AM, SemperFeist said:

Regarding the Astros cheating, would you be more upset if you were an Astros fan? Or a Dodgers fan?

I can’t help but think that I’d feel worse knowing that my team’s only championship was forever tainted by cheating, than feeling cheated out of a championship. 

Unless it's players being paid to take a dive, I'm not all that upset.  Baseball sold its soul with me after the cancellation of the '94 season.  As far as I was concerned, the whole steroid thing never bothered me all that much, because it was basically a case of "everybody's doing it" so it was sort of a level playing field (and I feel Bonds and Clemens should have been in the HOF long ago).  So, as far as this cheating scandal goes, to me, it doesn't change anything.  The Astros still won...the Dodgers still lost.  There's been cheating in baseball since the start, this was no more egregious than scuffing a baseball...and the fact that their opponents couldn't figure it out (since it should have been easily caught) is more an indictment of them than the Astros.  So, to answer your question, I'd probably be more upset as a Dodgers fan.  But, I wouldn't be upset at the Astros, I'd be upset with the Dodgers for not being smart enough to figure it out.

Edited by swede700

On 2/16/2020 at 7:35 AM, SemperFeist said:

Regarding the Astros cheating, would you be more upset if you were an Astros fan? Or a Dodgers fan?

I can’t help but think that I’d feel worse knowing that my team’s only championship was forever tainted by cheating, than feeling cheated out of a championship. 

I was thinking about that whole Astros thing the other day.  It occurred to me that for as many ways as the Vikings have found to tear the hearts out of their fans, they have never done that.  Going through this incredibly long journey of hoping our team will finally win the big one and then finding out after the fact that they cheated to get the ultimate prize would pretty much destroy any feelings I could ever have for the team, and probably the league as a whole, forever. 

Thank you for doing it the right way, Vikings.  I know you will eventually win a Super Bowl, and when you do, you will have truly EARNED it!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

To add to that, co-worker has a drive that normally takes an hour, took over three today.

Sounds about like when I used to live in Seattle.  If the river flooded, an hour and a half drive became 3 hours.  Here in KC now, it can do whatever, I don't care...it's a 10-15 minute drive.  xD

20 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

BZZZZT!

and i live in northern CA. worked in frickin' shorts yesterday.

I knew you lived in Northern Cali, I just wasn't sure if you would make the trek down the Pac Highway.  :D

FWIW, I'm going to be in the opposite, as the 2nd week of next month I'm going to Fairbanks and then over to Calgary (and Banff Nat'l Park).  I'll be wishing that I could wear shorts.  ;)

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I knew you lived in Northern Cali, I just wasn't sure if you would make the trek down the Pac Highway.  :D

FWIW, I'm going to be in the opposite, as the 2nd week of next month I'm going to Fairbanks and then over to Calgary (and Banff Nat'l Park).  I'll be wishing that I could wear shorts.  ;)

for fun or for business?

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

for fun or for business?

It's actually for fun...my wife wanted to see the Northern Lights for her birthday, so we're making the trip, even though it's gonna be cold.  We're actually taking the trip up to the Arctic Circle for 1 of the nights (going on the road famous for the Ice Road Truckers reality show).