aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

59 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

I've been trying to use it, but every time I do it gives me a "404 bad request page"

I tried it right away and had similar. Refreshed and it got me to the video, but only made it like 20 seconds before it stopped.

45 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I can't re-watch football games. I know the end result of the season. If we ever win the Super Bowl I'll watch it a thousand times over.

I'm the same.  I really only watch Game Pass to watch the current games as they come along (generally later the same night)...however, if they win the Super Bowl, I'll probably watch it many times.  Well, I guess that's not really true as I watched the 1998-99 NFC Championship Game, still hoping for a different outcome.  ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I have to admit, for having a product that millions of people want to watch, watch again, and analyze, the NFL offers a terrible product with NFL Game Pass. 

Yeah I can't even pay attention when it's on in restaurants and it's the only tv I see. I like individual highlights but watching a game that is really only 15-20 minutes long kind of ruins it for me.

On 3/20/2020 at 9:10 PM, SemperFeist said:

I have to admit, for having a product that millions of people want to watch, watch again, and analyze, the NFL offers a terrible product with NFL Game Pass. 

Are you saying the sport is a terrible product, or the Game Pass is the terrible product? 

Because, if you're talking about the game itself, I've said that for years that the product has gotten worse and worse as each year passes...and we may be in for the worst with likely little to no practice time before training camp this year.  The CBA in 2011, coupled with the rules changes have made the product worse.  

36 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Are you saying the sport is a terrible product, or the Game Pass is the terrible product? 

Because, if you're talking about the game itself, I've said that for years that the product has gotten worse and worse as each year passes...and we may be in for the worst with likely little to no practice time before training camp this year.  The CBA in 2011, coupled with the rules changes have made the product worse.  

Game Pass. It’s glitchy, poorly organized, and unreliable. 

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Game Pass. It’s glitchy, poorly organized, and unreliable. 

It's because I don't think they've put a whole lot of investment into it to make it better.  I'll agree that it's not great, but it works for me to watch the games, since the Vikings are out of market for me.  

I wonder how everybody is doing in the midst of COVID-19?  How have your lives been effected?  What have you been doing with your time with no sports to watch or engage?

I work in a senior living facility which is populated by the demographic that is most susceptible to complications and even death from the virus.  So far, we don't have any cases but we are beginning to change our language...no longer are we planning for IF we get cases, but are planning for WHEN we get cases.  Needless to say, everyone is a bit anxious.

I am learning to engage a lot of new technology to stay in contact with our residents.  This is really stretching me as I am not the most technically savvy person.  It's starting to get a little easier.

6 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I live in a senior living facility

Fixed it for you.

6 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I wonder how everybody is doing in the midst of COVID-19?  How have your lives been effected?  What have you been doing with your time with no sports to watch or engage?

I'm surviving thus far, it sucks being very extroverted in this. After having a kid a year and a half ago almost, my social life dropped and it wasn't great for me mentally, so I had started to do more things just recently and then of course this happens, so I'm trying to figure out ways not to backslide at all. As for what I've been doing, trying to find ways to do new things or changes up the things that I do digitally instead of in person. Thus far, I think that everyone is still trying to figure that out so I'm hoping to add in a few more things as time goes on. I've also been binge watching some shows that I've seen before but not for a while, which I can do easily now because I'm working from home in a room with a PS4 hooked up to a TV, so I just throw on Netflix in the background.

I've worked from home before on occasion, just not for this long of a stretch.  It took me practically all of last week to even get used to it...now I'm working on improving my routine to try to get back to including the things I used to do when I was going to work.  I really haven't changed a whole lot...I haven't added any TV watching or gotten out more (since the weather still ain't great)...about the only thing different is that maybe I'm getting a little more housework done during the week.  

I work from home about 50% of the time, so switching to full time wasn't a big change. 

I'm not a very social person so just hanging out at home with my dog and girlfriend is sort of the ideal scenario. The only things I miss are curling and soccer. I can drink at home, so I'm really just saving money by not hanging out at breweries/distilleries.  I've just been walking my dog more, checking out the state parks, running, and getting back into some video games.