aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

15 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

If you are a D&D geek, or similar.

If you haven't checkout the Board Game thread in the This Ain't Sport Talk part of the form. I've talked a bit about some of the D&D stuff that I'm running plus there's board games and other people running D&D that are chatting in there.

I'm running a game through Zoom that started recently that I've been doing write-ups about on http://nerdologists.com. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perrynoid said:

Doesn't anyone play Magic: the Gathering (aka Tragic: the Bankruptcy) anymore?!?

If you're into Magic, look into Mage Wars. It's quite a bit different tbh but it scratches a similar itch and is incredibly fun, although a significant time investment. Lighter on the wallet too

4 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

If you're into Magic, look into Mage Wars. It's quite a bit different tbh but it scratches a similar itch and is incredibly fun, although a significant time investment. Lighter on the wallet too

Ugh, over the years I've dropped tens of thousands of dollars on it.  My most valuable card is an Unlimited Black Lotus, which is in perfect condition.

5 hours ago, perrynoid said:

Ugh, over the years I've dropped tens of thousands of dollars on it.  My most valuable card is an Unlimited Black Lotus, which is in perfect condition.

Yikes.  Never got into Magic myself so I wouldn't know the struggle, but with MW you would be spending ~300 max and that's only if you want to get multiples all of the sets, which you don't need to.

Edit: ok so i did the rough math and it's ~300 to get one of all the sets, which isn't really necessary. But it would probably be about the same to get the two of the base set as well as the expansions you want in order to get you and your game group set up to play.

It's a really fun game, but it has more of a niche appeal than broad appeal. Also they're working on a gen 2 so maybe wait till then if you're interested...idk

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:29 PM, perrynoid said:

Doesn't anyone play Magic: the Gathering (aka Tragic: the Bankruptcy) anymore?!?

I got a crash course in it once from a fellow geek (I played Blue and won the game), but it wasn't a hobby I could afford. ^_^

In other news, I'm getting drunk! TGIF huh? Beautiful day out there. Looking forward to football but until then I'm taking advantage of the free NFL GamePass, watching the Packers lose. That is a good thing. Let's make it happen more in 2020.

I played magic for a while as most people at one of my offices did. That was a blast, however, as we all got older, they were all around my age or just a bit younger, we went to different jobs and got married and had kids, so that group fell apart, I sold most of my cards but kept a few EDH/Commander decks.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I work at Target and couldn't go in today. Like other stores in MN (including the MOA), they closed down early this afternoon expecting more protests and possible rioting.

Take care.  I was talking to my former boss a little while ago (I got another job within the company) and he talked about how this situation just piled on the whole COVID situation just caused the previously boiling pot to explode.  Even though I moved away from MN a long time ago,  I still consider it home for me (and always will), so I'm pretty distraught over the entire thing...all of it, most especially the situation that caused it.    

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I work at Target and couldn't go in today. Like other stores in MN (including the MOA), they closed down early this afternoon expecting more protests and possible rioting.

I know I'd be disappointed if I went into Target expecting to see you and you weren't there, but this just seems like a bit of an overreaction.  You should tell Target that the customers will survive one day without you.  Otherwise, Target needs to give you a MASSIVE raise!    :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Take care.  I was talking to my former boss a little while ago (I got another job within the company) and he talked about how this situation just piled on the whole COVID situation just caused the previously boiling pot to explode.  Even though I moved away from MN a long time ago,  I still consider it home for me (and always will), so I'm pretty distraught over the entire thing...all of it, most especially the situation that caused it.    

Yeah, so many things have led up to this. It's very sad and disappointing on all fronts, and the fact that this isn't the first time something has happened and the first time that protests have devolved into riots. Covid has played a lot into this, I think, get a bunch of teens and college age people out in a group for the first time in a long time, doesn't matter if you're protesting or what not, something was always going to go poorly.

• Like 1