aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

I've liked a number of the games I've found on XBox Gold free. Most recently I played through the game Oxenfree. It's a really interesting game that looks great. Now, that doesn't mean hyper realistic, but they do a wonderful job with their budget in setting the mood that they wanted to without compromise on it. I also liked that it had stats at the end of the game about what you did versus what other people did, it was interesting, makes me want to find more outcomes.

BAH GAWD THEY HAVE DONE IT. THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL!

...In my video game sim league. This ain't no Madden either, this is vintage NFL 2K3 on the PlayStation 2. Daunte Culpepper, Randy Moss, Cris Carter (putting off retirement for one more season), semi-retired running back Jamal Anderson, John Randle (returned from the Seahawks), and veteran d-backs Terrell Buckley and Eric Allen took us all the way, baby.

We went 11-5 as the 5th seed in the NFC, defeating Kurt Warner and the Arizona Cardinals 41-30 (WC), Vinny Testaverde and the Detroit Lions 37-20 (Divisional), Rich Gannon and the Kansas City Chiefs 24-14 (NFCCG...KC switched conferences), and finally a young Tom Brady and the New England Patriots, 33-28, in my simulated Super Bowl XXXVII.

I just hope I see us win one for real before I die. xD

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Wrong thread? :P

For reference, if anyone here was interested. The whole thing really changed my perspective on a lot of things. Have a lot more stuff to figure out now.

That is awesome...we have this actuary (who also happens to be a Minnesotan) who goes on all kinds of trips similar to that...but, she goes into more crazy places like Somaliland, Thailand, Ethiopia...I know my wife and I plan on taking trips across the world, but we got to take care of the finances first.  :)

3 hours ago, disaacs said:

That is awesome...we have this actuary (who also happens to be a Minnesotan) who goes on all kinds of trips similar to that...but, she goes into more crazy places like Somaliland, Thailand, Ethiopia...I know my wife and I plan on taking trips across the world, but we got to take care of the finances first.  :)

I think Thailand, or somewhere else in SE Asia is next on my list. A friend that I met on the trip might talk me into hiking Kilimanjaro with her though, never really put any thought to it but after the Inca Trail, I'd like to do some other hikes.

36 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

my 28 year old son has lived/worked in or at least visited Peru, Ecuador, Galapagos, Istanbul, Egypt, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Thailand, Nepal, Australia, and most of Europe.

kids these days!

My 24-yr old nephew just came back from Seattle...while certainly not an exotic locale, it seems like every few months he's taking off for somewhere.