aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Woo, after 26 house showings from 3 PM Friday until 5:30 PM on Sunday, we got two offers on our house, one that was what I was hoping for, and now it's just paperwork and inspection to getting our house ready for closing, and the small detail of finding our own house.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Woo, after 26 house showings from 3 PM Friday until 5:30 PM on Sunday, we got two offers on our house, one that was what I was hoping for, and now it's just paperwork and inspection to getting our house ready for closing, and the small detail of finding our own house.

Where are you moving to?  There is a great house right next door to mine in Woodbury.  Added bonus: you'd get to be my neighbor lol.  I could come over to your house on game day and we could drink the Sam Adams I brought over.

Will there be absolutely any point to getting Madden 21?  I just got Madden 20 after not having one since '07 (mainly because I hadn't paid for a new system since the Wii and didn't even pay for the PS4, got it free via reward points collected at work).  

11 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Will there be absolutely any point to getting Madden 21?  I just got Madden 20 after not having one since '07 (mainly because I hadn't paid for a new system since the Wii and didn't even pay for the PS4, got it free via reward points collected at work).  

My son loves playing Madden, and I think he has had every version since they came out...maybe not...he's 28 and has been an active Madden player since he was 11 or 12.  Anyway, he's apparently really good.  When he was 19 or 20 he kept begging me to play him in Madden.  Now, I have absolutely no idea how to play the game, and really was never interested in learning.  But, he wore me down and I played him.  Like I said, I have no idea how to play the game...but, somehow, I beat him in overtime.  He's never asked me to play again!  Which is just fine with me. B|

Since it's been so long since I had played it, I'm still a little rusty, especially since I don't play it frequently enough to get better...i.e. life and adult responsibilities get in the way.  Maybe after I retire in about 25 years, then I'll be able to play it more...of course, then I'll have to buy Madden 45 on the PS11.  Unfortunately I won't be around when they run into the conundrum that will be caused in 2092 when they have to figure what to call it...of course they'll probably make the case that John Madden Football '92 wasn't the same.    

✌
23 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

My son loves playing Madden, and I think he has had every version since they came out...maybe not...he's 28 and has been an active Madden player since he was 11 or 12.  Anyway, he's apparently really good.  When he was 19 or 20 he kept begging me to play him in Madden.  Now, I have absolutely no idea how to play the game, and really was never interested in learning.  But, he wore me down and I played him.  Like I said, I have no idea how to play the game...but, somehow, I beat him in overtime.  He's never asked me to play again!  Which is just fine with me. B|

Hahaha!  Way to be repping for us old guys, V.V.!!!   :D

We had our offer accepted on a house! Moving to the big town of Lauderdale (2,500 people) in the center of the Twin Cities. Bigger place, nicer yard, and two great decks on it, very excited for this! Now we just have to deal with the unreasonable demands that came out of our inspection.

Painting soffits, trim, garage (not an issue)
Adding shower to claw foot tub (something you add in offer)
Boiler tune-up (fine)
Outlet cover (you got it)

• Like 9

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

could be the buyers' bank requiring that.

a bathroom cannot be considered a full bathroom without a functioning shower.

Yeah, it's possible that it is, though, it was listed as a 3/4 bath and full bath (which there is), so from what I can tell it shouldn't be being required that it's an additional full bathroom. I'm thinking that because our realtor put in that it was negotiable that we'd put in a shower for the right offer, was not part of the offer, they decided that means that they can ask for a shower. I'm fine with adding it in as cheaply as possible $250-300, but that isn't happening until we figure out what's happening with painting, if it's even needed or not. I think it's mainly the agent and buyer are both relatively new. I know it's a first time home owner, so I think that the realtor just hasn't set any expectations and they buyers are off considerably when buying a house form 1907.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, it's possible that it is, though, it was listed as a 3/4 bath and full bath (which there is), so from what I can tell it shouldn't be being required that it's an additional full bathroom. I'm thinking that because our realtor put in that it was negotiable that we'd put in a shower for the right offer, was not part of the offer, they decided that means that they can ask for a shower. I'm fine with adding it in as cheaply as possible $250-300, but that isn't happening until we figure out what's happening with painting, if it's even needed or not. I think it's mainly the agent and buyer are both relatively new. I know it's a first time home owner, so I think that the realtor just hasn't set any expectations and they buyers are off considerably when buying a house form 1907.

If they are using a first time home buyer or VA loan, there are a lot of requirements that they make them go through. They won't let you purchase a fixer-upper. I used a VA loan on a townhouse and they made the seller add a three foot rail at the bottom of the stairs and made them paint the soffits. I didn't care about it, but they wouldn't approve the loan without it being done.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to be an issue, the first time home buyer, it's not a fixer upper, it's a fully functioning bathroom, just without a shower, and heck, I bought it as a first time home buyer without a shower as well. It's an FHA loan, so there are some things that need to be done compared to a conventional loan, but a receipt for a boiler tune-up and putting a plate up on an outlet should satisfy those, they're basically just fishing to see what they can get and not doing that well.

I remember when we bought our house just 4 years ago, we didn't even think about asking the previous owner to have anything painted...we just wanted her to fix major things, like braces for the foundation (which most of the houses in our neighborhood already had, since we're on a hill with clay soil, so it shifts quite a bit over time) and putting in GFCI outlets in the proper places.