aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Exactly, if they come back needing painting to be done, I'm getting a can of paint that matches as close as I can get it (I hope there's leftover paint in the basement) and quickly painting a few spots on the lower level, that's all I'd consider doing, anything beyond that, they can hire someone to do if it needs to be done for them to get their loan approved. But 90% chance that won't be the case anyways.

15 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I can't imagine asking a seller to do painting for you. Seller has no incentive to not half-*** it. 

You can’t have any chipped or pealing paint if the buyer is using a FHA. 

When we bought our house the bank required that the sellers either fix/paint the areas with pealing or chipped paint, or they needed to leave a reasonable amount of money in escrow to be used to complete the work. 

5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'm getting a can of paint that matches as close as I can get it (I hope there's leftover paint in the basement) 

all the box stores and the larger chain paint stores all have optical scanners now that match paint exactly. you just have to take them a small sample, the size of a quarter or so.

• Like 1

We have a closing date on our new house, August 31st, now to just line that up as closely as possible with our current house. I think the longest it'd be would be a week, August 24th to August 31st, we're hoping that it can both be done on the same day, but not holding my breath. I think that August 28th and August 31st are more likely. So we'll have to figure out how to move stuff, right now leaning towards renting a truck, loading it (or hiring people to load it) park it in front of a friends place for the weekend, then hire someone to unload it on the 31st.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, The Gnat said:

We have a closing date on our new house, August 31st, now to just line that up as closely as possible with our current house. I think the longest it'd be would be a week, August 24th to August 31st, we're hoping that it can both be done on the same day, but not holding my breath. I think that August 28th and August 31st are more likely. So we'll have to figure out how to move stuff, right now leaning towards renting a truck, loading it (or hiring people to load it) park it in front of a friends place for the weekend, then hire someone to unload it on the 31st.

@The Gnat if you live in the Twin Cities, I have a great mover I can recommend.  I have used them twice now.  Honest, hard-working guys with their own truck who don't charge through the nose. 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 11:04 PM, Uncle Buck said:

@The Gnat if you live in the Twin Cities, I have a great mover I can recommend.  I have used them twice now.  Honest, hard-working guys with their own truck who don't charge through the nose. 

Send me their info. We're looking right now for a mover, have a few estimates in.

We moved about a month ago and used AAA movers. They did a great job and were reasonably priced. Some companies start charging when they leave their location, but AAA only started charging when they started working. 6 guys and 2 trucks for about 6 hours was only around $1600. 

• Like 1