aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This is the first time I've ever read Fahrenheit 451, and I love these books.

I was worried that it was written in old English, and I just can't get past that. Not the case with this one.

Nothing was worse than trying to read "The Scarlet Letter" in high school.  I think I read the first chapter and then refused to read the rest...still got a B on the test because I just listened to what other people were talking about and watched the movie (although this was before the Demi Moore version).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This is the first time I've ever read Fahrenheit 451, and I love these books.

I was worried that it was written in old English, and I just can't get past that. Not the case with this one.

It’s a great and timeless read. It was written in 1953, but has remained relevant and applicable for almost 70 years. 1984 and Animal Farm are also superb reading, if you haven’t read them already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Nothing was worse than trying to read "The Scarlet Letter" in high school.  I think I read the first chapter and then refused to read the rest...still got a B on the test because I just listened to what other people were talking about and watched the movie (although this was before the Demi Moore version).

I see your “The Scarlet Letter” and raise you “The Canterbury Tales.”

4 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

It’s a great and timeless read. It was written in 1953, but has remained relevant and applicable for almost 70 years. 1984 and Animal Farm are also superb reading, if you haven’t read them already.

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you might like Animal Farm or 1984.

Is there an echo?

• Like 4

On 10/9/2020 at 12:00 PM, TENINCH said:

Well I finish week 4 of radiation today. No side effects of radiation except for the hair loss on the left side of my head where the laser is pointed at. Chemo gives me a little constipation but nothing chocolate milk doesnt fix. Hardest part is staying an hour away from my son. Got out the military so I wouldn't have to say goodbye to him anymore. I've been walking close to 10 miles each week. Doctors seem happy with that. 2 more weeks and I get a nice break from the chemo and radiation. 

Glad to hear everything is going well for you.  Take it easy and enjoy the break in a couple of weeks. 

22 hours ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, I think I mixed this one up with A Clockwork Orange. I just can't do it haha

• 4 weeks later...