Sign in to follow this  
Just Want A Title

Salary Cap Casualties That Could Help The Lions

Every eff-season teams cut good players for salary cap purposes.  The Lions should have a fair amount of cap room to make a deal if they choose to do so.  Here are a few players I have heard about:

Robert Quinn DE--Not the Superstar he he was when he had 19 sacks but still a pretty good player.  He might be a good stopgap if we don't re-sign Ansah

Anthony Hitchens--Has been a good LB for the cowboys who has played inside and outside.  Signing DeMarcus Lawarence may prevent them giving him a good contract

David Amerson--He could provide some high quality depth.  He was benched this year but almost everyone on the Raiders defense had a bad year.  

Who else could be cap casualties that could help the Lions?

If you listen to any Raiders fan, Amerson is a flaming trash heap. We don't need him imo

Quinn, I'd take him in a second. Hitchens, no opinion.

I'm gonna make LK go from 6 to midnight, but AD is probably done in Arizona. He still thinks he's a workhorse back and I can't think of a team who needs one of those more than the Lions.

I'd rather keep DJ Hayden than sign Amerson. Hayden was competent. 

17 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I'm gonna make LK go from 6 to midnight, but AD is probably done in Arizona. He still thinks he's a workhorse back and I can't think of a team who needs one of those more than the Lions.

I don't have an issue in bringing him on as long as he has an incentive laden contract with little to no impact if he gets cut in camp.

23 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I don’t know how I feel about that. If anyone can put in the work to return to form it’s AD but Father Time is advancing. I guess it depends on the contract. 

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "confidants of [Dolphins owner] Stephen Ross" informed him that Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh.

Suh is heading into the fourth year of a six-year, $114 million mega-deal and is set to count a whopping $26.1 million against the Dolphins' salary cap. That's almost $9 million more than the next-closest defensive tackle. Suh just turned 31 last month but remains a legitimate game-wrecking force inside. However, the Dolphins need a lot more than Suh before they start competing for Super Bowls. Designating Suh a post-June 1 cut would save Miami $17 million versus the cap.

maybe a re-union could be in play?????????????

30 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "confidants of [Dolphins owner] Stephen Ross" informed him that Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh.

Suh is heading into the fourth year of a six-year, $114 million mega-deal and is set to count a whopping $26.1 million against the Dolphins' salary cap. That's almost $9 million more than the next-closest defensive tackle. Suh just turned 31 last month but remains a legitimate game-wrecking force inside. However, the Dolphins need a lot more than Suh before they start competing for Super Bowls. Designating Suh a post-June 1 cut would save Miami $17 million versus the cap.

maybe a re-union could be in play?????????????

I would love it. Dline is our biggest weakness right now. Suh would go a long way towards fixing that.

Well the dline hasn’t been the same without him. Suh, Ngata, Robinson, Ansah and another draft choice on a rush DE would look pretty good.

i believe the Suh ship sailed when he left town so I would be very surprised to see him return.

Edited by diehardlionfan

To have suh back would be great from a fan standpoint for sure always loved watching him his first few years.

Suh would make a huge difference for our D-line but I think the front office would have to be sure how well he would fit into the locker room.  He isn't exactly known for his awesome locker room leadership.  Maybe now that he is older and the only thing that would complete him as a player is a title, he would make an effort to be a more effective locker room presence.

There was an article written suggesting Talib might be a cap casualty in Denver.

I highly doubt that would happen but secondary help in free agency would be great.

Has the Patriots Butler got anything left? 

Edited by diehardlionfan

7 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

There was an article written suggesting Talib might be a cap casualty in Denver.

I highly doubt that would happen but secondary help in free agency would be great.

Has the Patriots Butler got anything left? 

I saw the same thing about Talib. give him a 2-3 year deal or something.

Butler still has something left imo.. I think he played the most snaps for the pats last year.