Lions name Paul Pasqualoni defensive coordinator

49erurtaza

I'm pretty sure Paul Pasqualoni most recent DC job was with the Dolphins about half-dozen years ago. He calls a lot of blitzes. Our defenses had good pass rushes, but always felt like we could be better. The important thing here is Detriot has the LBs who can go sideline to sideline, so the team speed should be better than his previous job. As mentioned earlier though I expect Matt Patricia to have full control of his new defense.

Yeah I like this hire. I don't mind saying I'm not a current Patricia fan cause I wanted an experienced head coach to take this team over... But this is a pretty good hire as DC.

I hope it works out really well though, I'm definitely not rooting against him, I'm just worried he'll make similar mistakes, in game mistakes, Jim Caldwell was fired for.

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

Anyone know what Defense we are supposed to run this year?

His defense in NE had a lot of different looks. Expect them to throw out some 3 and 4 man fronts based on situation. They'll be more dynamic. One of the strong points that Patricia has is that he can build a scheme that best fits his talent, and he changes things from game to game to best defend against the opponent. It's going to be fun to see how they change things and how the team adjusts as he brings everyone along.

Archived