Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mid Iowa

Quarterback - Brees? Is it time?

Recommended Posts

I am in absolute shock at how many Vikings fans are on Twitter talking about how the Vikes are going to lure Brees to Minny with Diggs, Thielen, and Cook. And I'm just sitting here like...why downgrade? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minimum value to actually get Foles aside, I think you guys should stick with Brees. He's a proven success and still seems to be getting the job done for you guys. I'd offer him a 2 year deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be a great pairing for you guys to get Josh Allen and have him sit behind Brees for a year or so. Too bad some bad team like Denver or the Jets will draft him and he's going to be thrown right into the fire and ruin his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I am in absolute shock at how many Vikings fans are on Twitter talking about how the Vikes are going to lure Brees to Minny with Diggs, Thielen, and Cook. And I'm just sitting here like...why downgrade? xD

proof or it didn't happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

I am in absolute shock at how many Vikings fans are on Twitter talking about how the Vikes are going to lure Brees to Minny with Diggs, Thielen, and Cook. And I'm just sitting here like...why downgrade? xD

And just for good measure, here's a fun fact: Between Diggs, Thielen, and Cook so far in each of their NFL career's they have a combined total of 1 season where they have eclipsed 1,000 yards. Which was Thielen this past year. Just this past season alone we had Michael Thomas, Mark Ingram, and Alvin Kamara all eclipse 1,000 yards of offense. 

Edited by tyler735

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2018 at 3:10 PM, Raves said:

proof or it didn't happen

Just one of the more recent threads talking about it again

 

 

Edited by navysaintsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason Brees hasn't resigned yet is because he sees that guys like Sherman, Wilkerson, and Graham are considering the Saints and might be waiting to see who we can sign first before taking up the rest of the money left.  I seriously think Brees' contract whatever it is, well be the remaining cap space we have after FA and draft picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raves said:

I think the reason Brees hasn't resigned yet is because he sees that guys like Sherman, Wilkerson, and Graham are considering the Saints and might be waiting to see who we can sign first before taking up the rest of the money left.  I seriously think Brees' contract whatever it is, well be the remaining cap space we have after FA and draft picks.

He can't wait. If he waits we have 18m dead cap on the books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

He can't wait. If he waits we have 18m dead cap on the books. 

Doesn't he have a little longer to go?  Also I thought we have 18m dead cap regardless spread out over the next 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Raves said:

Doesn't he have a little longer to go?  Also I thought we have 18m dead cap regardless spread out over the next 3 years.

If he doesn't sign an extension before his contract voids in a few days then the dead cap all goes to this year. If he signs an extension then we can spread it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

If he doesn't sign an extension before his contract voids in a few days then the dead cap all goes to this year. If he signs an extension then we can spread it out.

Everywhere I see that deals with our cap shows that it's spread out over 3 years already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Raves said:

Everywhere I see that deals with our cap shows that it's spread out over 3 years already.

His contract is still valid. When it voids in a couple of days it will be accelerated onto this year's cap I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×