Quarterback - Brees? Is it time?

Mid Iowa

I think it would be a great pairing for you guys to get Josh Allen and have him sit behind Brees for a year or so. Too bad some bad team like Denver or the Jets will draft him and he's going to be thrown right into the fire and ruin his career.

37 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I am in absolute shock at how many Vikings fans are on Twitter talking about how the Vikes are going to lure Brees to Minny with Diggs, Thielen, and Cook. And I'm just sitting here like...why downgrade? xD

proof or it didn't happen

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

I am in absolute shock at how many Vikings fans are on Twitter talking about how the Vikes are going to lure Brees to Minny with Diggs, Thielen, and Cook. And I'm just sitting here like...why downgrade? xD

And just for good measure, here's a fun fact: Between Diggs, Thielen, and Cook so far in each of their NFL career's they have a combined total of 1 season where they have eclipsed 1,000 yards. Which was Thielen this past year. Just this past season alone we had Michael Thomas, Mark Ingram, and Alvin Kamara all eclipse 1,000 yards of offense. 

I think the reason Brees hasn't resigned yet is because he sees that guys like Sherman, Wilkerson, and Graham are considering the Saints and might be waiting to see who we can sign first before taking up the rest of the money left.  I seriously think Brees' contract whatever it is, well be the remaining cap space we have after FA and draft picks.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

I think the reason Brees hasn't resigned yet is because he sees that guys like Sherman, Wilkerson, and Graham are considering the Saints and might be waiting to see who we can sign first before taking up the rest of the money left.  I seriously think Brees' contract whatever it is, well be the remaining cap space we have after FA and draft picks.

He can't wait. If he waits we have 18m dead cap on the books. 

14 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

He can't wait. If he waits we have 18m dead cap on the books. 

Doesn't he have a little longer to go?  Also I thought we have 18m dead cap regardless spread out over the next 3 years.

58 minutes ago, Raves said:

Doesn't he have a little longer to go?  Also I thought we have 18m dead cap regardless spread out over the next 3 years.

If he doesn't sign an extension before his contract voids in a few days then the dead cap all goes to this year. If he signs an extension then we can spread it out.

46 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

If he doesn't sign an extension before his contract voids in a few days then the dead cap all goes to this year. If he signs an extension then we can spread it out.

Everywhere I see that deals with our cap shows that it's spread out over 3 years already.

14 minutes ago, Raves said:

Everywhere I see that deals with our cap shows that it's spread out over 3 years already.

His contract is still valid. When it voids in a couple of days it will be accelerated onto this year's cap I believe.

Archived