Quarterback - Brees? Is it time?

Mid Iowa

On 2/7/2018 at 1:26 PM, JMG5 said:

I'll stick with noodle arm Brees until he retires in a couple of years. Trading for Foles would be a mistake. Let someone else make that mistake.

He sure didn't look like a noodle arm in the playoff game against the Vikings.  He made some incredible passes in the second half.  I hope you guys keep Brees.  Like when Montana went to the Chiefs, seeing Brees wearing any other jersey just wouldn't be right, IMO.  Good luck in the draft.

I'm not sure there is a better offering for a QB like Brees, other than to just stay put.

Why would a guy with 2(ish) years of ability left, want to learn a new system, new timing, and a new city, let alone all new staff.

If he were a 5th year guy, I'd be sweating, but he's not, and he has a toybox full of talent, and a defense on the rise.

As I said before, it doesn't make ANY sense for Brees to leave NOLA. Doesn't make any sense at all.

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not sure there is a better offering for a QB like Brees, other than to just stay put.

Why would a guy with 2(ish) years of ability left, want to learn a new system, new timing, and a new city, let alone all new staff.

If he were a 5th year guy, I'd be sweating, but he's not, and he has a toybox full of talent, and a defense on the rise.

As I said before, it doesn't make ANY sense for Brees to leave NOLA. Doesn't make any sense at all.

I agree. I think it's better for both parties to stay put, even if the Saints have to pay more than they wanted to(or even if Brees has to take less than he wanted to).  

The Saints really have no leverage here though IMO, due to the dead money and the fact that there is no plan B on the roster.  There's no point in the Saints holding out and potentially letting another team make Brees an offer he can't refuse.

Im still hoping the hang up has something to do with the Saints talking to other free agents, but if not, I feel like there's no choice but to give Brees the money he wants, until such time as plan b is on the roster and/or Brees craps the bed.

16 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

He sure didn't look like a noodle arm in the playoff game against the Vikings.  He made some incredible passes in the second half.  I hope you guys keep Brees.  Like when Montana went to the Chiefs, seeing Brees wearing any other jersey just wouldn't be right, IMO.  Good luck in the draft.

Brees arm strength has been confusing to watch the last few years.  I never noticed a decline until certain games in 2014.  Other people have talked about it before then though.

But 2014 from my perspective, his strength would go up and down.  Same with the beginning of 2015, but then all of a sudden it seemed to get a lot stronger for a while, or at least I started seeing some hard throws I hadn't seen in a while.

And then certain games this year his arm would look weak, and other games it didn't.  

I really don't know what to say about his arm strength at this point, except that It isn't anywhere near zombie Manning level yet, but some decline is noticeable.

Archived