25.TEN-LB-H.Landry-Boston College

26.ATL-OT-M.Mcglinchey-Notre Dame

27.NO-S-R.Harrison-Alabama

28.PIT-CB-M.Hughes-C.Florida

29.JAC-OT-O.Brown-Oklahoma

30.MIN-DT-H.Phillips-Stanford

31.NE-QB-M.Rudolph-Oklahoma.st

32.PHI-LB-R.Evans-Alabama

Even if the Saints lose Kenny Vaccaro (which I hope they do), safety still isn't the biggest need for them.

Saints are still starving for a playmaking LB, or a DE to pair with Jordan. WR and TE are also needs (more so TE), but those are more mid round pick needs.

1st off jpack welcome to the site my friend.   Im glad you made your way here and awesome job coming in with a bang doing a full mock.  I look forward to debating and talking about your mocks and about other things from now on.    As for the Falcons pick im actually a pretty big fan of it as i think their are only 2 lineman worth 1st round picks this year in Quenton Nelson and Mike Mcglinchy.    For right now we would take Mike and make him a OG for us and where as he might not be a elite OT prospect although he is a very very good one i think in our ZBS offense with his athleticism he would be a elite OG prospect.  His main problem at LT is with speed rushers and at OG he doesn't have to worry about that 1 bit so you turn his weakness into a strength and let him do work.    This also gives us a backup at the OT position and a emergency plan if we end up letting matthews leave for big money if he wants more than what we are willing to give him.

3 hours ago, jpacksteck07 said:

I usually had mglinchey going earlier but couldn't find him a spot to be honest. Atlanta was super hard to just find a weakness for.

Sadly as much as i hate it we do have a few weaknesses we have to fix in FA and the draft this year.  I'll help you out if you do FA and more rounds later on.  Here is out biggest positions of need to look at.  Going from most needed to probably least but after the 4th one it's more so depth maybe.

1st - DT -  We have every DT on the roster hitting FA besides Grady Jarrett.  We also have a few DE's hitting FA as well so our D-line will need a few bodies there for sure.  These are our FA's just on the D-line alone.  Dontari Poe, Ahtya Rubyn, Adrian Clayborn, Courtney Upshaw, and Ben Garland.  We already released Rashede Hageman earlier in the year.   We will probably need to resign Poe or get a FA DT and also draft one early.

2nd - OG - Wes wasn't that good at all and we need to upgrade RG by a lot.  Also Levitre is coming off a injury and owed 8 mil this year.  We could resign him to a new contract but i think we should save that 7 mil from releasing him and sign a new FA OG like Norwel or Pugh.   Then draft another OG for RG in the 2nd round if we get a DT in the 1st if a good one falls to us.   Although as said Nelson and Mcglinchy i would be ok with on OG in the 1st. 

3rd - SDE - A bigger body DE to replace Clayborn if he leaves that can also play DT would be a nice grab. 

4th - TE/WR - Either one of the 2 would be a nice pickup and i would say TE more so than WR if a really good one is there in FA or the draft in the 3rd to 4th round or so i say go for it.

5th - MLB -  I would actually take a thumping run defending MLB if we can get a really good prospect like Roquan Smith to fall to us or Edmunds with the other DT's gone already.  This would allow Debo to move to WLB away from big lineman up the middle.  He is already a Pro Bowl top 5 MLB now imagine how good he could be playing WLB a position that suits his skill set better.

6th - FS/FB/RB/CB/ Returner -  These are all positions of depth we could improve on and FB is an actual big time need just don't think you take a FB ever early and would prefer to find a cheap one in FA lol.   If a top tier 2nd or 3rd round prospect at any of these positions fall to the 4th or later then i def. jump on that player and start building great depth no matter the position i just get talent at this point. 

Archived