Carnell Lake steps down

warfelg

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction on the replacement for Carnell Lake:

Rod Woodson

This was the comments by Rod Woodson in an interview; as per Steelers Depot.  I know that he is currently the DB Coach of the Oakland Raiders however I have little doubt that could change in the near future due to the lack of success on that Oakland defense.

and we don't have donahue claiming that this isn't the salvation army either ! They better bring back Woodson, right now this is priority #1, more important than signing the future away to bell.

Blaming Lake could be more harsh than justified. I still think there were DC problems as players appears to not know what was going on. Then we do have players that could and should be replaced, NKMitchell for example. The communication breakdowns shouldn't return this year since the players should be familiar with the playbook, no more excuses expected. 

Woodson for the hire, the FO would make a mistake if not especially since Woodson would like to be back. 

Loved watching Lake as a player. As a coach well....

Best of luck to him.

Hopefully the new coach will be able to bring out the best of Burns and Davis. This third year is really important to see if they are capable of progressing or if they will be gone after their rookie contracts are up. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I still think they could be solid starters for the team.

Absolutely no to Rod Woodson.    The only reason Steeler fans are clamoring for him is because he was a former great Steeler.     He has never proven to be any better than Lake as a coach.   Youre just asking for more of the same.

No to Ray Horton as well.   

I wanted Kris Richard, but Cowboys snagged him.

Without having the luxury of interviews and inside knowledge, I would look at Jonathan Gannon for our next coach.   

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Absolutely no to Rod Woodson.    The only reason Steeler fans are clamoring for him is because he was a former great Steeler.     He has never proven to be any better than Lake as a coach.   Youre just asking for more of the same.

No to Ray Horton as well.   

I wanted Kris Richard, but Cowboys snagged him.

Without having the luxury of interviews and inside knowledge, I would look at Jonathan Gannon for our next coach.   

Do you think someone like Adam Archuletta would be a good DB coach?

Archived