Mike Evans contract extension?

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

What are you guys thinking 5 - $85?

Would be nice if he took five years for $75M. Would make him the third highest paid WR in the league. But I think he'll be closer to (or over) AB's $17M per. So your 5/85 is probably spot on.

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Welp. We'll probably be looking at $17.5M or more. Hopefully he signs before OBJ, so he can't use that as leverage for more.

I hope he stays healthy and has a great year.  I m all for players getting paid, but health is a big component with leverage for a player in contract  negotiations.

Just now, ravishingone said:

I hope he stays healthy and has a great year.  I m all for players getting paid, but health is a big component with leverage for a player in contract  negotiations.

Which is why I think he'll make more than OBJ if OBJ re-ups first.

I'd honestly prefer to extend him now. Just tack it onto the end of his rookie contract. Let him make his $13M or whatever it is this year, then start his new contract. The sooner we pay him, the quicker it gets better with salary cap increases.

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

From Evans agent: Bucs and him haven't talked an extension currently, but they're willing to listen. They will 'elevate' any offer made in season from the Bucs...

They expect though to hit the FA market...

I imagine they're trying to drive up his price. He's not going anywhere.

He's gonna be the highest paid WR in the league anyway.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I imagine they're trying to drive up his price. He's not going anywhere.

He's gonna be the highest paid WR in the league anyway.

No doubt, if anything he'll get tagged if we can't work out a deal prior to 2019.

Sometimes it has to go to that route for the parties to come together on a deal...

Archived