Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

Now that we are officially into the offseason, figured we could keep around the league discussion in here instead of the Superb Owl thread.

Continuing discussion from that thread, I haven't had a chance to watch the Ballard press conference, but I'm glad he's doing the right thing and ensuring that the assistants who already signed contracts are kept on.

Want to see what guaranteed money is but that is a ridiculous amount to pay for 7 career starts. Niners' better that doesn't come back to bite them in the arse.

EDIT: 49ers have $115m is cap space, so this deal probably does nothing to them in long term

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

I don’t understand how a team has 115 mil in cap space?????  How are they not meeting the cash floor?

The floor really doesn't exist. My understanding is the floor actually applies to a time period. IE, teams can fall short of spending floor in years A and C, but years B and D need to be high enough to make 4 year total at or above the spending floor....even if they don't meet spending obligation, I haven't seen anything stating there is a fine or repercussions for doing so. Basically, the spending floor is pointless.

45 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Well, both Reich and DeFilippo out in Philly. That's good news IMO

I know quite a few Eagles fans that I work with are not very happy right now. They pretty pissed at McDaniels. They didn’t want to see both leave. 

Rumor is Staley is in line for a OC job too

Interested to keep an eye on what the NFL does with Foster. If Zeke got 6 games for what he may or may not have done, Foster surely gets more, or possibly double considering he was arrested and failed a second drug test since he entered the league.

Archived