Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Sorry no link, but just read an article that claims Dez Bryant will not receive a veteran's minimum offer from most of the teams in the league. Just saying

Well, when you’re a slow, aging, injury prone WR who can’t run routes, get separation, and viewed as someone prone to temper tantrums, teams will typically shy away from you.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

Well, when you’re a slow, aging, injury prone WR who can’t run routes, get separation, and viewed as a guy prone to temper tantrums, teams will typically shy away from you.

I'm not going to lie, but I must say I am very curious to see how this Dez Bryant scenario plays out next season

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

but...the entire Safety market has been slow. This doesn't make sense. He is purposely ensuring no one signs him now.

Good screw him. We don't need whiners like that anyways.

58 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Sorry no link, but just read an article that claims Dez Bryant will not receive a veteran's minimum offer from most of the teams in the league. Just saying

There is no way. A vet minimum for Dez Bryant. There would be a team thats willing to take that chance.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Is that really saying much? For every big name big time FA there may be only 5 teams in the entire league that even consider an offer. 

Most teams didn't make an offer on Suh. Most teams didn't make an offer on Kirk Cousins. Most teams didn't make an offer on Snacks or Vernon. Only a few did. We already know the Ravens offered Dez a multi year deal, so let's not act like he isn't being courted at all. 

Is every team in the league supposed to offer you to be a good player?

The FA market is probably going to remain dry until after the 12th when any potential signings would no longer factor into the compensatory pick calculations, at which point it'll pick back up and guys the general public are surprised are currently unemployed, Dez included, will more than likely find employment, especially now the we've gotten past the draft and teams have a better grasp of what holes still need to be filled. 

32 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

The FA market is probably going to remain dry until after the 12th when any potential signings would no longer factor into the compensatory pick calculations, at which point it'll pick back up and guys the general public are surprised are currently unemployed, Dez included, will more than likely find employment, especially now the we've gotten past the draft and teams have a better grasp of what holes still need to be filled. 

It's actually not the 12th...I believe I saw the date that they no longer factor into compensatory pick calculations is May 7th.

2 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

It's actually not the 12th...I believe I saw the date that they no longer factor into compensatory pick calculations is May 7th.

It was changed from the 12th. I believe it is now the second Tuesday of May which would be May 8th this year.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

It was changed from the 12th. I believe it is now the second Tuesday of May which would be May 8th this year.

Yeah, day after May 7th ;) 

3 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Well whatever the date is, the market will be a little stagnant until then.

1 hour ago, Runaway Jim said:

Anyone can sign Dez now without it affecting their comp picks since he was cut.  Nobody seems interested....

Except he already turned down at least one multi year deal. But besides that, yeah no one wants him at all. They don't even like looking at his film cause he's ugly, and they don't want him in the locker room cause he's stinky. 

Archived