Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

24 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I also would have found a way to make $14M for Suh to come here for a year.

He supposedly took a discount to play there. I agree we should've put the full court press on him, but I think LA is a more desirable place right now for a variety of reasons.

Perhaps. You never know though, and we weren't going to try.

Maybe he doesn't want to be a 3-4 NT.  Maybe his $14M would go farther in Dallas and if we matched he'd get to keep more as a Cowboy. Maybe he would like the media attention of being a Cowboy. Just because "it's LA" doesn't stop opposing fans from filling the stadium and the LA local to generally not give a crap about the team.

You never know.

39 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Maybe he doesn't want to be a 3-4 NT.  Maybe his $14M would go farther in Dallas and if we matched he'd get to keep more as a Cowboy. Maybe he would like the media attention of being a Cowboy. Just because "it's LA" doesn't stop opposing fans from filling the stadium and the LA local to generally not give a crap about the team.

You never know.

Plus the taxes and everything there is ridiculous. His money would go farther over here by a large amount. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

You never know.

For sure, those are just the reports from the "experts". Could be educated guessing, could be wrong entirely.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

This new helmet contact rule is going to be a major disaster. I swear the NFL gets dumber with each passing season. 

And why my interest continues to fade...

On 3/27/2018 at 1:04 PM, DaBoys said:

I also would have found a way to make $14M for Suh to come here for a year.

Word is he wanted closer to 18-20 a year. He took less to play beside Donald on a team that looks built to go far - I think Suh has only been to the playoffs once in his entire career, good as he has been.

Also, still overpriced at 14. Not worth it. Yes, ive been saying this team needs a villain on defense. The kind of guy who sees a stray hand sticking out of a pile and figures, hey, that could be someone important, and decides to "fall" and land all his 300 pounds on those five brittle fingers. A mean SOB with attitude for the youngsters to follow. But Suh, he hasnt been worth his price for years. Slow off the snap, plays lazy for half the game...he is very good, very very good, but he should be hall of fame caliber with what he can do. His laziness intervenes.

On 3/27/2018 at 2:20 PM, Calvert28 said:

Plus the taxes and everything there is ridiculous. His money would go farther over here by a large amount. 

Very true. But, as someone who has lived in both L.A. and Dallas, I can tell you that L.A. has a lot more to offer from an amenities standpoint than Dallas; which says a lot, because Dallas has everything. Now, if it were up to me, I’d pick Dallas because your money goes much further. But, if you’re in a position where money is no object, then L.A., by and large (save the politics and gun laws), is a great place. 

On 3/28/2018 at 9:43 PM, Desperado82 said:

And why my interest continues to fade...

Problem.is the dwindling interest of young kids and new parents for the head trauma associated with the sport. Parents wont let kids play anymore, and kids themselves worry. My final season coaching, I had 7.. SEVEN students withdraw from the team because of their or their parents worry over head trauma.

The NFL is trying to be safer so that the interest doesnt dwindle for future participants, players and fans. But in return it is killing the interest of older fans who grew up watching Jack Tatum, Mike Singletary, Butkus, and others play that smash mouth "youll score only if i dont kill you first" type of football. 

Oh well, like everything else, the snowflakes are taking over.

Archived