Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

4 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I thought he was a perfectly fine NT in Philly

As primarily a running situation guy and first downs. Philly was very deep in the front 7 and rotated at every spot, and took Logsn off the field on third downs, many second and longs, and moved him to end a bit as well.

Hes a good player, but his style and skillset make him a tough fit. If he wants a long term deal he needs to become more reliable as a 3 down, every series player.

Also, what could be part of why he got the deal he got, is the devaluing of a nose overall. More and more teams, including our own, are preferring to field two DTs more suited as an underman, even as their nose guard.

I'm changing the topic a little here boys.  For all of us in Canada, and for many around the world, we are reeling in the aftermath of the horrific tragedy in Saskatchewan that claimed the lives of all those young men and staff members of the Humboldt Broncos hockey team when their team bus was hit by a tractor trailer.  Hockey is part of who we are and this cuts close to home for a lot of us.  The country has rallied around the community.  Like thousands of other households, I've just put our hockey sticks on our front porch and left a light on for all those boys who perished.  Absolutely heart breaking. 

This isn't football related but I needed to post this.  If you've got kids give them a hug.  Check in on them before they go to sleep.  Life can be very cruel sometimes. 

Now get back to football.

2 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

2018 schedule leaks:

listening to WFAN in NY and they’re reporting we’re hosting the Giants week 2 on SNF, and we play them in NY week 17.

If the Giants grab Dez to go along with OBJ, Engram and Shepard, then drafts Saquon Barkley at #2 overall next week, I'm going to break my TV.

7 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

If the Giants grab Dez to go along with OBJ, Engram and Shepard, then drafts Saquon Barkley at #2 overall next week, I'm going to break my TV.

Jesus and if Eli is even half of what he was in 2011 the Giants will go deep in the playoffs.

13 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I would be more worried if they got Dez, traded back and got Nelson. Then used their 2nd round pick on a RB.

Their line would be coming together with Soldier and Nelson.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know I think Reid may have a case. He is still a pretty good safety and hasn't gotten any sniffs. But crap in neck is a below average starting quarterback and a poor team leader and maybe the biggest distraction in football history. I think it's understandable that no one would sign him. But for Reid it's the opposite to lesser degree.

Archived