Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

48-La4Vw_bigger.jpgIan Rapoport

The #Eagles are expected to release DE Vinny Curry, source said, putting another key pass-rusher on the market. He was due $9M this year. Up against the cap, Philly clears some needed cap space.

If Vinny Curry is released like reports indicate he might be, would we be intersted and if so, for what price?

18 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Would take getting Irving wrapped up over Curry by a long shot. 

Curry is the Eagles version of Tyrone Crawford. They gambled on a big contract and like Dallas, they lost. 

I'd happily take Irving being brought back over Curry all day as well.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Lol. Eagles just traded for Bennet for a 5th round pick. Don't tell me Earl Thomas can only be had for a 2nd and 3rd.

I'll play devil's advocate....Bennett is 3.5 yrs older. Never been an All-Pro. Never been considered the best at his spot. Will never sniff the HoF. 

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Lol the Giants are dumb. Nicely played by the Rams.

Rams are definitely not sitting on their hands. And, despite how underwhelming the Bennett trade is to me, neither is Philly. Kudos to both teams. 

I will say that at least Olgetree is young. Only 26 and has been a All-Pro mention. Not what I would have wanted to pay, but whatever.

9 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Also, I think we can all start to agree that Dallas is behind the curve in how they run things ???  Yes ? Maybe ?

In what respect, though? I would not have liked any of these current deals for Dallas.

Not to say we should not be more active - we should. But These are not the right moves for us.

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

In what respect, though? I would not have liked any of these current deals for Dallas.

Not to say we should not be more active - we should. But These are not the right moves for us.

No definitely not the moves Dallas should make and it's way too early to say for sure, but, Dallas went from one end of the spectrum in FA to the other. Most of the talking heads seem to believe Dallas will follow the same mold they have in previous years. Again, too early to make any accurate judgement, but seeing the Rams and Iggles, not standing pat...makes me wonder what this philosophy Dallas carries has actually accomplished. They are better off than they were, but still feel like they are a million miles away.

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

No definitely not the moves Dallas should make and it's way too early to say for sure, but, Dallas went from one end of the spectrum in FA to the other. Most of the talking heads seem to believe Dallas will follow the same mold they have in previous years. Again, too early to make any accurate judgement, but seeing the Rams and Iggles, not standing pat...makes me wonder what this philosophy Dallas carries has actually accomplished. They are better off than they were, but still feel like they are a million miles away.

Agreed. Dallas clearly needs to act. Will be interesting to see where that takes them.

Archived