Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

On 7/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I love Dez and all. But I think he way overreacted.

Jones mentioned both Dez and Witten as having too much influence for a young Dak. Does anyone really disagree with that?

No. In fact, I think Witten was a progress stopper with respect to Dak’s development, as well as any other TE on the roster. I loved Witten, but he should’ve retired with Romo.

35 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

No. In fact, I think Witten was a progress stopper with respect to Dak’s development, as well as any other TE on the roster. I loved Witten, but he should’ve retired with Romo.

True true, but if Jerry wants to hire Witten back as a mentor or something I'm game. Really cant do better. 

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't think Dak is as successful as he was without Witten. I think he will miss having a reliable target on 5 to 12 yard routes that he loves.

I think someone will fill that gap. 

On 7/29/2018 at 7:27 PM, DaBoys said:

Maybe the Jarwin hype is real. Apparently he is beating DBs while lined up out wide. This time of year hope always springs eternal though.

I'm pessimistically optimistic. 

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Anyone watch HoF game? My son said the new tackling rule is going to be a massive issue. 

I watched it. They called 3 "use of helmet penalties." The problem was, they could have called it on someone EVERY SINGLE PLAY. Somewhere on the field of 22 players there is someone(probably several someones) using their helmet. Every. Single. Play.

So how often are they going to call it? Hopefully not every time, or the game will take forever. But basically from what I saw last night, if it's a "big hit" it's a flag.

Also the new kickoff rule did not have the desired result of stopping big KR collisions. The kickoff team has to start from a stand still and the return team has to stay within a box, but they still collide after the kick just like before. The announcers were making fun of how the new rule makes the kickoffs look different but the result stays the same.

Archived