Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

This doesn't make sense.  You don't want Earl Thomas for a 2nd round pick at most?  Do you want to be a Super Bowl contender or not?  It's really that simple.

You referring to some posters here or something new from Dallas FO? 

If it were up to me ET would already be in Dallas as I'd have given up #50 back in April. Would do the same today.

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

You referring to some posters here or something new from Dallas FO? 

If it were up to me ET would already be in Dallas as I'd have given up #50 back in April. Would do the same today.

Straight up.  Earl Thomas is elite.  He is what the Cowboys need.  They have a pretty good front 7, and Earl Thomas helps the back end a ton.  Thomas is also really familiar with Kris Richard as he has been Thomas' coach his entire career.

I've always been on record that I don't want Seattle to trade Earl Thomas, but I'm coming to grips with the fact that he may not be on the team anymore.

I think waiting is the best thing now. If we start out losing a bunch of games I feel(right now) it'll be because of our inability to move the ball through the air. 

And if we have another season like 2015, our 2nd round pick is more valuable than pick #50. If he came with a contract then hell yeah. 

But you're telling me we have to sign him to FA money(the reason why he isn't playing) AND trade for him? Giving up a premium pick just for the opportunity to give up premium cap space. 

Not to mention the Cowboys play the Seahawks week 3. I wouldn't think the Seahawks would want a deal done before then. 

I probably would have given up 50 though

6 hours ago, showtime said:

This doesn't make sense.  You don't want Earl Thomas for a 2nd round pick at most?  Do you want to be a Super Bowl contender or not?  It's really that simple.

Id give up a second for ET3 in a heartbeat and not even think twice. 

Archived