Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Finding passer rushers the caliber of Mack is like hitting the jackpot. You just don't get rid of them. especially when they're young and you have a ton ($130m+) of cap space in the coming years. I understand the picks are nice on paper, but odds are probably better that 3/4 of those flame out within a couple of years than end up anywhere close to the player that got rid of. 

I would trade prime D Ware for that. Being top heavy sucks. I would rather have $6m/yr quality DE then 1 $24m/yr DE. 

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

There was only 1 team willing to do that for Mack apparently. I love DLaw, but he is certainly a tier lower than Mack. Also we'd have to trade Law now. Never getting to see him with RG. We won't have ability to trade him after his contract is up.

I think we find a way to tag Lawrence again and that he holds out this time, so there could be something to this. That’s a ways down the road though

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I would trade prime D Ware for that. Being top heavy sucks. I would rather have $6m/yr quality DE then 1 $24m/yr DE. 

We agree to disagree here. I like it in theory, but trading Mack's $23m/yr production for Trent Murphy [$7.5m/yr] and Vinny Curry [$7.5m/yr] isn't helping my team at the same level. 

Speaking of this....remember when DLaw was looking for $17m/yr back in Jan/Feb?  Think Dallas would like a mulligan there?

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

We agree to disagree here. I like it in theory, but trading Mack's $23m/yr production for Trent Murphy [$7.5m/yr] and Vinny Curry [$7.5m/yr] isn't helping my team at the same level. 

Speaking of this....remember when DLaw was looking for $17m/yr back in Jan/Feb?  Think Dallas would like a mulligan there?

I said it back then if the want any type of deal they need to sign soon. Or hope he only plays 8 games this year, which seems counter productive.

11 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If Law gets 13 sacks that's great, but if Randy gets 10, Armstrong 6, and Taco 5.... might make sense to move on and give one of the younger guys a bigger role. 

Sure, actual on the roster depth makes a world of difference. And, that isn't to say Oakland doesn't hit some HRs with those picks, but the odds are not in their favor by a long shot.

46 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If Law gets 13 sacks that's great, but if Randy gets 10, Armstrong 6, and Taco 5.... might make sense to move on and give one of the younger guys a bigger role. 

I hear what you're saying but in my opinion I need to see major growth in Taco and Armstrong before moving on from Tank.

Whatever Randy gives us is a bonus. Me personally, I dont care if he gives us 30 sacks, he is one small issue away from never playing again, so him alone is not worth letting Tank go.

We need better the 78% inside the 50 with this team.  Especially with the type of D we might be putting out there.  Getting points and being a threat to get points just getting close to mid field puts huge pressure on the other team and really makes a huge difference in games 

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

LMAO...Rams attempted to trade for Mack. 

Vetoed by everyone due to defensive monopoly.

"We offered a pretty aggressive package and they came back and said, 'We just think you're going to pick too low,'" Demoff said, per Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times.

The Bears traded their 2019 and 2020 first-round picks along with their 2020 third-round pick and 2019 sixth-round pick in exchange for Mack, a 2020 second-round pick and a 2020 conditional fifth-round pick.

Archived