Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Yeah. Too bad TWill will be the #1 WR and stunt their growth.

Why does Dallas trying to get a wide receiver in the draft lead you to believe T will will be number 1? I am hoping a stud wide receiver would team up with Dez take the pressure off of him and helped create much more offense than with tea will in the lineup

12 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I wouldn't be entirely against Mathieu...but the dude can't stay healthy (a la Bob Sanders). So if we signed him, it'd have to be a heavily incentive-laden contract.

I don't think the ACL tears work against him in Dallas so much as his personality, unfortunately.

Garrett very much comes from the "be seen not heard" St. Thomas Aquinas nun school of thinking.

I love that I see so many people mocking us taking a deep threat in the 1st.   A stretch the field guy.   They should mock us taking a qb in the 2nd that can throw it to that field stretcher.   If we take a WR, better be a monster that can run slants all day.

3 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I love that I see so many people mocking us taking a deep threat in the 1st.   A stretch the field guy.   They should mock us taking a qb in the 2nd that can throw it to that field stretcher.   If we take a WR, better be a monster that can run slants all day.

You're on to something.  Need to build the offense around what our QB does well.

Dak can throw the deep ball, lol. We just have slow *** receivers and predictable route combinations.

Comebacks, deep outs, flags, that sort of timing based outside the numbers stuff isn't his strength. But don't get it twisted, he can throw the 9 just fine

Eagles trade Torrey Smith to Carolina for CB Daryl Worley. Part ways w/ old WR. Clear cap space. Gain mid 20s CB for depth. 

Dallas FO and philosophy so far behind the curve it's hard to believe. Whatever the case, they are doing it wrong. Looks and feels light years away.

Eagles trade Torrey Smith to Carolina for CB Daryl Worley. Part ways w/ old WR. Clear cap space. Gain mid 20s CB for depth. 

Dallas FO and philosophy so far behind the curve it's hard to believe. Whatever the case, they are doing it wrong. Looks and feels light years away.

The F.O. is woefully incompetent and have no clue how to operate in F.A. (trade or sign players to team friendly deals). 

The Eagles sign players every year in F.A. If they are good deals, they resign them and if they are bad deals, they have the contracts structured to easily get out of it. 

The most likely thing to happen is that we will wait until the first few waves of F.A. is over, sign some other teams bums and put out essentially the same team (give or take a few players) next season. 

Sometimes I wonder if Stephen has ever offered more than a pick swap involving his 5th rounder, for any player, ever.

Like, every now and then it'll leak that the Cowboys were "interested in" or "close to acquiring" X player that got traded somewhere else. But if that were actually true, wouldn't it happen more often? It's like turning in half-assed college essays or online job applications and being like "WELL WE TRIED"

I'll give the Eagles credit they don't stand pat do they?  Can't figure Dallas out.  If you're going to avoid a splash in free agency great then you better hit a home run with the draft every year and figure out how to build depth to avoid the disaster that takes place when a starter goes down.  22 years and counting.

19 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'll give the Eagles credit they don't stand pat do they?  Can't figure Dallas out.  If you're going to avoid a splash in free agency great then you better hit a home run with the draft every year and figure out how to build depth to avoid the disaster that takes place when a starter goes down.  22 years and counting.

To me it's not even the free agent splashes. It's not a great free agent class, and even if we do everything we can to maximize our cap room, we're not in the same stratosphere as some teams. I understand not wanting to pay $15M/yr to some outsider at WR or DT or whatever.

Rather, the trade market seems to be the way to go right now, since either you're getting someone with cheap years left on his rookie deal or non-guaranteed years left on his veteran deal. On that front, it seems as though we're twiddling our thumbs or lowballing teams or just enjoying our offseason in Bermuda

Hypnotism. Someone go find the best hypnotist not employed by the Eagles and get them to Dallas ASAP

Archived