Around the League - Training Camp

flyingmonkey30

Interested to see the ripple effect here. Hard to imagine we're good going into the year with Woods, Heath, and Frazier as our safety options. If we don't sign or trade for a veteran... let's just say it's been a while since this team has made an aggressive trade up, and the draft's in Dallas this year.

What I really hope this means is Lewis as the primary slot corner. If the Chris Harris comps prove accurate... man.

I feel like Jones would be a good press man mirror and match guy. Idk how well he plays in zone. 

But as the article states, the new DB coach from Seattle will change some things and Byron Jones is a bigger CB like he had in Seattle.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Interested to see the ripple effect here. Hard to imagine we're good going into the year with Woods, Heath, and Frazier as our safety options. If we don't sign or trade for a veteran... let's just say it's been a while since this team has made an aggressive trade up, and the draft's in Dallas this year.

What I really hope this means is Lewis as the primary slot corner. If the Chris Harris comps prove accurate... man.

I like Lewis on the outside. I'd probably prefer Chido inside. But that's just me

40 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I like Lewis on the outside. I'd probably prefer Chido inside. But that's just me

You’re not the only person who’s said this. I expect we see Lewis on the outside with Cheeto inside. 

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Well Brown and Woods actually played there in 2017 so maybe one of them is the favorite. Even Jones has done it in the past.

I just hope we give JLew a chance there because IMO slot CB is arguably the hardest position to play in the league (besides QB) because of the 2-way go the receiver has and the lack of sideline aid, and he has a chance to be singularly gifted at it, I hope.

2 hours ago, eagles suck said:

How about Cheeto at free Safety, woods inside where he played good last year and Lewis and Jones outside 

Eh...don't see a reason to mess with a good thing. He played well at corner last year, let's keep him there.

Archived