Sign in to follow this  
Wyld Stallyns

New HC search begins

The Colts confirmed they had felt it was possible McDaniels would get cold feet and had 2-3 people lined up for new coaching search.

Today it has been speculated that the Colts have lined up interviews with...

- Eagles OC Frank Reich

- Former Dolphins interim HC Dan Campbell

I also read that the Vikings want to interview Eagles QB coach John DeFillipo for their OC but have to wait until Feb 14 when his current contract expires. So unless the Colts request permission from Philly to interview him earlier they might have to wait as well. 

Would think Dave Toub would be in the mix somewhere. Connection to Ballard, and if I'm not mistaken Toub worked with Eberflus at Missouri too.

9 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Would think Dave Toub would be in the mix somewhere. Connection to Ballard, and if I'm not mistaken Toub worked with Eberflus at Missouri too.

There is a lot of hype for Toub on Colts twitter. Especially those who were anti McDaniels from the get go. Ballard made it sound like he had a list of potential coaches that they just didn’t get to in the initial go around because they felt that McDaniels was the ideal candidate. This is given credence when you consider they cancelled Steve Wilks interview. 

I think you guys should look at Jack Del Rio. Guy is one of the best coaches in football. 

6 hours ago, stallyns said:

There is a lot of hype for Toub on Colts twitter. Especially those who were anti McDaniels from the get go. Ballard made it sound like he had a list of potential coaches that they just didn’t get to in the initial go around because they felt that McDaniels was the ideal candidate. This is given credence when you consider they cancelled Steve Wilks interview. 

I've thought Toub deserved a HC job for a long time. He'd be a great hire.

5 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I've thought Toub deserved a HC job for a long time. He'd be a great hire.

Toub as the HC gives me pause as a division rival. He'd probably do a good job there.

When I saw that the Colts were interviewing Frazier, I just yelled in my head, "Nooooooooooooooo."

Jack Del Rio is, I think, the best option.  Second best option would be Jim Bob Cooter.  Matthew Stafford has never been more dangerous than he has been with Cooter. 

Harbaugh would be so excellent, but I doubt it. 

I'm so invested in the new head coach because I want it to be somebody that's good enough to beat the Patriots in year one with a (no offense) bad roster. 

Assuming Hooker and Luck come back strong and healthy next year, I don't think that roster is too far off from being competitive if the coach is right.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

When I saw that the Colts were interviewing Frazier, I just yelled in my head, "Nooooooooooooooo."

Jack Del Rio is, I think, the best option.  Second best option would be Jim Bob Cooter.  Matthew Stafford has never been more dangerous than he has been with Cooter. 

Harbaugh would be so excellent, but I doubt it. 

I'm so invested in the new head coach because I want it to be somebody that's good enough to beat the Patriots in year one with a (no offense) bad roster. 

Assuming Hooker and Luck come back strong and healthy next year, I don't think that roster is too far off from being competitive if the coach is right.

Apparently Bill Polian is very high on Frazier and Irsay is as well. 

Just now, stallyns said:

Apparently Bill Polian is very high on Frazier and Irsay is as well. 

Eh.  Maybe he'll do better with an actual QB.  I was sad to see him leave Minnesota as a Packer fan.