Doug Pederson - Emotional Intelligence

WeaponX

COACH PEDERSON: These guys are well-deserving of everything now that they are going to be exposed to in the coming weeks and coming months. There’s a side of success that’s not the glamorous side and it’s the side that [includes questions like] who is going to hold out in OTAs? Who is going to want the next big contract? Who is going to miss ‘this’ or ‘that’ for an endorsement deal or an autograph signing? It’s the not-so-glamorous side of success. That was a little bit of the messaging this morning to the guys.

I told them, I said, “You know, if you want -- get used to this. This is the new norm in Philadelphia, playing and hopefully playing into February every year. It’s the new norm, so get used to it. Short off-seasons and let’s do that.”

The guys that want to be a part of that just will do that. They will want to be here. I think everybody does want to be here. But as you know, the nature of the business is you can’t keep everybody. It’s just the way it goes. But the ones that are here, you know, my mindset is to be back again, to do it again and to keep doing it and to keep doing it.

I hold myself accountable. I’m just like the players. I can’t accept every deal that’s out there. I can’t agree to every speaking engagement out there because my goal is to win another one. If my time is spent doing other things, then that’s not the focus, and that’s where we’re at right now as a team.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/2/7/16987744/doug-pederson-super-bowl-victory-message-eagles-players-get-used-new-norm-philadelphia-dynasty-press

Pretty sure that Doug Pederson should be arrested for insider trading and other financial crimes. Clearly, he owns a jorts factory and stands to profit with statements like this.

“I think it’s just about perseverance and togetherness,” Jenkins said. “We are the best team I’ve been a part of from top down. When you talk about what we’ve been able to accomplish – and we talk about it a lot, but I don’t think anybody has really sat back and just reviewed it – but all that we’ve fought through with the injuries and have been able to keep it going with our fan base and the mentality … and then having fun with it, probably more fun than anybody else in this league is a special thing to be a part of and something that I will always remember.”

I keep seeing that the Seahawks thought they were gonna be a dynasty too but we are different to the Seahawks. Seattle was full selfish players starting from the top down. Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner weren't about the team they were about individual stats. 

4 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

I keep seeing that the Seahawks thought they were gonna be a dynasty too but we are different to the Seahawks. Seattle was full selfish players starting from the top down. Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner weren't about the team they were about individual stats. 

Yeah they were full of elite talent with extreme egos.

2 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Get this man a damn statue

I won a 14 team league I've been playing in for like 9 years this year, and the trophy is absolutely insane. It's like 3-4 tiers with all these crazy things on it. What I didn't realize, in our league by-laws is that the league champion has free reign to do what he wants to alter the trophy. I may go on one of those 3D Printing websites and have a pic of Dougie P holding the Lombardi up and stick that thing on the top of the trophy.

Archived