Cleveland Selects...

Shady Slim

2 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

yeah reckon there's a precisely zero percent chance barkley falls to four lmao

While he may not make it to 4, considering the RB is the strongest position in this year's draft and that both Kamara and Hunt were the best RB's to come out of last year's draft as 3rd rounders, I could see Barkley slip a bit and go later than people expect.

Seems simple. Just take the QB first overall. Cleveland always seems to settle on the 3rd or 4th QB in the draft and look at the results. 

Darnold, Rosen or Allen have to be the first pick, basically whoever they prefer as their guy. Might be too risky to wait until the 4th pick to grab a QB.

Assuming a QB gets selected first overall, Cleveland then needs to find an I mpact player. I'd probably take Barkley followed by Chubb at #4. Barkley likely makes more sense given that Garrett was selected last year and a dynamic runner will make things easier for a QB. 

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems simple. Just take the QB first overall. Cleveland always seems to settle on the 3rd or 4th QB in the draft and look at the results. 

Darnold, Rosen or Allen have to be the first pick, basically whoever they prefer as their guy. Might be too risky to wait until the 4th pick to grab a QB.

Assuming a QB gets selected first overall, Cleveland then needs to find an I mpact player. I'd probably take Barkley followed by Chubb at #4. Barkley likely makes more sense given that Garrett was selected last year and a dynamic runner will make things easier for a QB. 

Yes.  Don't overthink it if you're Cleveland.  Just do your homework on these guys and take the best talent/fit for your organization.   

Anything else is likely a huge mistake.  

On 2/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, Shady Slim said:

darnold just has that BIG ARMED AND MEDIA FRIENDLY WHITE GUY thing that many scouts cream their pants over 

I mean...racism definitely exists in the NFL, but when was the last time a supremely talented black QB was passed over early in the draft and then ended up being good? Is that a common trope?

I don't think any GM is going to evaluate a QB differently based on skin color. If there's a sure-fire #1 QB and he's black (Cam Newton), he's going to be taken #1. I mean, POS JaMarcus Russell went #1 overall and he was lambasted in the leadup to the 2007 draft. People are hinting that Lamar Jackson is getting the racism treatment. I disagree. He's inaccurate and his style of play fits in exactly 0% of NFL offenses. He comes from the gimmickiest of gimmicky offenses and I wouldn't want to invest a 1st round draft pick in such a project. I like Lamar Jackson as a person (from what little I know) and as an athlete. I love his arm strength and deep ball accuracy. I loathe the offense he comes from and I don't think he'll ever learn to keep his eyes down the field when scrambling. He takes off immediately when there's a running lane and to his defense, it works 99% of the time in college. The problem with this is it won't work in the NFL 99% of the time. It'll work 60% of the time, but the other 40% will lead to disasters. His athleticism has actually slowed his learning curve as a passer. He is a toolsy passer, but extremely far away from being a "safe" draft prospect.

Interesting position because it's not often a team has two picks in the first four selections.  Personally, I'm really big on Minkah Fitzpatrick and he would be my pick at #4.  I'm assuming he would still be on the board then.  With that said, I would have to believe the Browns take a QB #1 overall, unless they really like a guy they feel they can get if they trade back into the bottom half of the first round or in the second round.

Archived